« The Cat of Amontillado* | Main | I'm Going To Feel Really Guilty About This If He Kills His Fool Self »

The More We Know, Profound!

February 01, 2011

This entry doesn't even count because it's administrative and boring,* but I just wanted to let y'all know some various things, which are of varying levels of interestingness -- they are as follows!

*It did turn out better in the end, though. I wasn't even expecting it!

1. I have a Facebook page now! Aren't I big? I know! And I just put up a bunch of my wedding pictures there (with explain-y captions), because I'm a nerdy newlywed who does such things, and it would've taken a jillion years to load them here. So come over and like me (pweeeease?) and then you can be all kinds of hooked-in to the newest generation, or whatever the hell. I can also guarantee that at some point, I will get tipsy and share drunk posts with you. This may happen after lunch.

2. I'm also about to start redesigning this site (finally; I've only been meaning to for a million years). I've already gotten loads of help with this from the gloriously wonderful Cobwebs (this involves me sending her an email every month or so, all, "Um, can you tell me how to get into my site again? The one I've had since...2003? SORRY THX" (to her credit, she hasn't murdered me yet)), but I still can't decide how it should look; do y'all have any...ideas? Should I use drawings? Pictures? Can I make the entire background out of tiled images of me french-kissing my awesome husband? Would that screw with your filters at work?

3. I don't actually have a third thing. So I am just going to show you the cat video again:

Also, everybody's cat stories had me DYING in the last entry. You guys, say more cats-getting-stuck stories! Seriously, I whipped out my blackberry and read them aloud at a dinner party last week. (See how much fun I am to hang out with?) Fortunately, everyone agreed that the stories ruled, and I was not shunned whatsoever.

4. Ooo, actually! One more fun thing I just thought of (although y'all may have seen this on the Facebooks; those of you who have already read the following may be excused now) -- so, I bought this awesome little Japanese camera at Photojojo. It's absolutely tiny, square format, and takes the niftiest pictures, like this:

DigiCam001.jpg
Out my office window; see how pretty? So pretty! It looks like I understand photography!

But, it lacks instructions in English, and features strange codes and only two buttons, so the thing can be a little confusing. So I went to the manufacturer's website, but that also lacked instructions in English, so I did a Google translate. And this, apparently, is how my new camera works:

Introduction!

Pokedeji in hand, Know the habits of the camera first. This is not just to Pokedeji is true for all cameras.

Knowing the camera first. This is the first step.

Determine the object, taken with the following in mind while testing. How much angle (shooting range), so the situation by reflecting of the sense of distance and close-up of Field or non-Your Pictures in the distant.

Er...okay, so I determine my object by reflecting my sense of...distance in my non-your pictures, or...uh, plus something about shooting range. Yes. Sure, okay. How do you take a picture, though?

Pokedeji shutter speed will take some time to save data, press the shutter. And press the shutter sound is pitch, be patient and wait patiently without complain until a beep is heard again. If you do moves along the way, the picture becomes distorted!

Trick? No no no. Press the shutter again, at the same position as it is motionless!

Did you think this was a trick? No, no no! You just press the shutter and you WAIT PATIENTLY. While not doing moves along the way, you complaining, fidgety brat. Meanwhile, are you confused by the fact that wee camera lacks a view finder? Well, don't worry, all will be explained:

Lens position on but how to take as no viewfinder? The first question out!

Your Pictures will become familiar with your image. Because there is no viewfinder on the contrary, I take too aware of the composition! Or it can be glad they shot pictures and movies that I expected.

So...okay, I can be glad it shot the pictures I expected, and that my pictures will eventually become familiar with my image. But what are all these modes? Whatever do they do?

Pokedeji normal, black, noise, and vivid, You can choose to shoot the four colors! Let's understand what is their favorite color, and reflecting of what situations and how to use color mode!

Oh. Thank you. And, of course, the magnificent ending:

There are many new discoveries and Pokedeji know and love. It is a small camera more we know about profound! I hope you enjoy everyones radiography!

The more we know about profound, indeed! And yes, I am enjoying everyone's radiography; this camera rules.

5. And, that is all; seriously, I know, this doesn't even count as an entry, but I wanted to give you a head's up on my new internetty-ness, and tell you where you can go to check in for more regular updates and stuff. I'm getting confused by things I post on the site and things I post on the Facebook, and I need to get my act together, is what needs to happen; we'll see how that works out.

In the meantime, y'all have a wonderful week, try to stay warm if you are in one of the icy places, and come like me, if you're so inclined -- I hope you enjoy everyone's radiography!

Posted by doxie in | permalink

I must have that camera!

Posted by: The Expatresse | February 1, 2011 02:08 PM

It really is awesome; I carry it everywhere with me now. It even takes little grainy silent videos! You just have to understand where the non-Your pictures are in the distant.

Posted by: Miss Doxie | February 1, 2011 02:11 PM

So...if you use the Pokedeji to take a picture of a person or animal will you just see their bones? Inquiring minds want to know!

Posted by: Jeaninne | February 1, 2011 02:14 PM

I think it depends on if you chose the right color mode reflecting of the situations.

Posted by: Miss Doxie | February 1, 2011 02:22 PM

Since I love the whimsy of your illustrations, I vote for drawings for the new site. (Although I promise to code it up even if you decide on pictures.)

And you probably already know about this site, but it makes me giggle anyway: http://www.engrish.com/

Posted by: Cobwebs | February 1, 2011 02:43 PM

I already like you ;)

Posted by: catherino | February 1, 2011 02:50 PM

Loved all your pictures over on Facebook! The camera instructions have me sitting at my desk laughing.

I look forward to whatever format you come up with for Miss Doxie! Your drawings are great, so that would be a promising direction to go in!

Posted by: Mauigirl | February 1, 2011 03:26 PM

Heeee, Engrish; I used to waste so much time there. I need to go back and check it out.

And yeah, I think I'll probably do something drawing-ish, too; maybe a nice combo photo/doodle thing, like the kitteh from the video. Because, turns out: I can't draw cat heads. At all.

Who knew? I can do doxies all day long, but cats are completely beyond my ability.

P.S.: Catherino, I luff you.

Posted by: Miss Doxie | February 1, 2011 03:42 PM

Did you find this page? http://pokedigi.com/en/about/index.html It might be more helpful - though not nearly as whimsical as Google's translation. I'd ask my Japanese husband, but his work ethic compelled him to brave the treacherous icy roads to work. Silly man...

Posted by: alli | February 1, 2011 04:54 PM

I liked you! Facebook can be addicting that's why I take time off from it now and then.

I'm in one of those icy places. Ten minutes from where the Super Bowl is happening. Brrr, it's not supposed to get this cold in Texas!

Posted by: Leeny | February 1, 2011 05:16 PM

I love my little camera, although my little pictures are not as pretty as yours are, YET! I am getting there. Thank you again for the info on FB about how to use, it helped :)

Love the kitteh video, SO CUTE!

Posted by: Tina | February 1, 2011 09:47 PM

I liked you...I really really liked you!

Glad you are getting all Facebooky with your Miss Doxie site! So so happy I kept checking your blog for the many (sad) months you were gone.

And? So happy that you're happy. You deserve it!!

Posted by: Kath | February 1, 2011 10:21 PM

yes, I lurve you on The Facebook too.
I am so happy you're blahgging again!!

Suzi - the Georgia Tech alumni who is now living in Vegas.

Posted by: Suzi in Vegas | February 2, 2011 12:35 AM

MISS DOXIE!!!!! (wait, do we have to call you Mrs. Doxie now? or does that imply spouse-of-Bo, which, FUNNY, but might be construed as an insult to your new husband - who, by the way, is tres adorable, yay!)
So, hi, I am the boat-misser who did not know you were BACK REALLY REALLY BACK until, like, just now, but HI!!!! So happy for you and Adorable Husband, and HEART your wedding pictures (hello, you are a model, yes? gorgeous squares, is what they are). I would *totally* like you on Facebook, but i'm "strongly urged" not to join (stupid job) - so please don't leave us entirely for the 'book!

Posted by: Legal Mystenigmary | February 2, 2011 11:34 AM

The blog of Doxie, the first must become familiar with the funny. Know the habits of the Doxie and the Bo first.

I take too aware of your radiography.

Also, I liked you. Because I do everything you tell me to do. Wait, do what to Jodi Foster?

Posted by: June Gardens | February 2, 2011 01:45 PM

I am a technical writer so I feel I must huff and flounce over this post. Ok. Just flounce. Huffing is exhausting but I find flouncing rather fun.

Posted by: Anny | February 2, 2011 02:09 PM

Aw, don't worry, Miss Legal -- I'll still be here, too! And hopefully, here will be sexier, once I fill it with kissing pictures.

Sexy, flouncing, kissing pictures.

Posted by: Miss Doxie | February 2, 2011 03:03 PM

Twitter too? You are all sorts of Web 2.0 now - and, no, I don't even know what that means.

Posted by: Scott | February 2, 2011 04:23 PM

Wow, that wee camera takes a pretty good photo even if it doesn't have a viewfinder; uh, was that the shot you were expecting?

I'm not on facebook either so double posting is ok with me. (Does it make me too old-fashioned to say that I like your website as is?)

Posted by: glf | February 2, 2011 05:58 PM

Hurray!

There are many new entries and Serenity know and love!

I'm so happy that you're back and blogging.

Posted by: Serenity | February 2, 2011 06:49 PM

I likeded you on the Facebooks. You'll know me as Marc Miwords ovah theah. (That's my southern accent impersonation. No? Ok.)

Posted by: Serenity | February 2, 2011 07:10 PM

If you like Japanese, you will love Maru, and the captions by his owner, who is using Google translate, I think: http://sisinmaru.blog17.fc2.com/.

Posted by: Mimi | February 2, 2011 08:30 PM

Hey Doxie! I see The Bo is tweeting too:) Love the "all Doxie, all the time" concept....we all were having withdrawals while you were off with His Hawtness.
So glad to hear you giddy
Elizabeth

Posted by: GaLilbit | February 2, 2011 09:50 PM

So profoundly happy to see you back!!

We purchased a rocking chair that needed some assembly, and the directions had to be run through the translator too - not so much in English! We were assured that if the chair was assembled correctly we "would enjoy many happy rockings"!! Ya know what - we have!!!

Posted by: cheryl | February 2, 2011 11:25 PM

I'm so jealous that you can see the "spaceship" building from your office. It's always been my favorite building in Atlanta. I look like some kind of tourist because I'm craning my neck to see that building as much as possible. Which is hard to do, since all those other stupid tall buildings are in the way.

Posted by: Momof8 | February 3, 2011 03:28 AM

This made me LOL at work. I had to cover my mouth!

Posted by: Donna | February 3, 2011 08:28 AM

I am a Medical Radiation Technologist (a.k.a. Radiographer) and think I need to get that camera. Now I won't have to go to the hospital to work, simply "enjoy everyones radiography" anywhere I want. Awesome.

And yes, it's brutally cold. Just got back from lovely Banff, Alberta in the Rocky Mountains where it was -35C. Freeze the balls off a marmot, that would.

Please! Keep double posting. I have no intention of joining the evil Facebook empire. I look forward to your shiny new website.

Posted by: Edna from the Great White North | February 4, 2011 03:15 PM

I don't like to Like a lot of things of FB because I know somewhere, secretly, someone is trying to recreate my doppelganger for nefarious purposes. However, if I can declare my Like for Kelly Slater, Madame CJ Walker, and Gary Haugen's Hair, I can declare my Like for you. Consider it done! (Well, give me a few seconds to finish this comment and then go over to FB, i.e., Please be patient and wait patiently without complain.)

Also, the more we know about profound, the more we pursue and/or avoid it.

Posted by: dgm | February 4, 2011 05:00 PM

I see you decided on a new facebook page? All rightee, then.

Posted by: Tasha | February 6, 2011 02:35 AM

Hi Leigh! A Facebook tip: Once a page gains 25 fans (and you have 900-something), you can go to facebook.com/username to claim a unique URL for your page, without all the numbered garbleygook. (:

Posted by: Kristen | February 6, 2011 11:15 AM

Kristen, I had no idea; thank you so much for the head's up! Imma do that and get rid of all the dumb numbers.

Tasha, I left you a message on the old one; hope you saw it!

Posted by: Miss Doxie | February 6, 2011 03:45 PM

YAAAAAAY for The Doxieness on Facebook! While I don't live with a doxie myself anymore, I enjoy living vicariously through you.

I'm looking into getting a new camera; I'll check this one out. Thanks for the laughs!

Posted by: Damsel | February 8, 2011 02:48 PM

My Dear (now) Mrs Doxie, I can't begin to tell you how overjoyed I am that you are back, and especially that you are happy with a great hubby. As a genuine Old Fart, I am genetically incapable of doing Facebook, so please still keep us unevolved sorts fully engaged here! Kitteh is a wonderful addition to the menagerie; one of my dachsies becomes practically catatonic (sorry) at the mere sight of our old kitty Isolde.

Posted by: alphadachs | February 9, 2011 10:08 PM

This whole entry made me smile!! Profoundness knows no bounds!

Posted by: Davey Cole | February 10, 2011 02:07 PM

Oh, no... are you going to make me get Facebook? I don't have a page. I have been resisting for YEARS. but if there will be doxie updates.... aaaaaaaahhhhh

Posted by: McKate | February 10, 2011 11:08 PM

Excited your latest comeback seems to be sticking. On a unrelated note, I was wondering if you have seen "Bring It On: The Musical" currently playing in Atlanta thru 2/20? It's been getting great reviews on my twitter feed.

Posted by: Michelle | February 13, 2011 04:52 PM

I'm getting a browser error, is anyone else?

Posted by: landscaping Hockessin de | March 6, 2011 06:40 PM

Worthless for the large drill, but Im rattling the new Zune, and trust this, as cured as the excellent reviews some other human inscribed, will amend you determine if its the reactionist superior for you.

Posted by: landscaping | March 6, 2011 06:47 PM