« The Storeh of the Kitteh | Main | It's A Gooder Thing! »

Happily Ever After

December 01, 2010

Hello, you sweet things. Guess the hell what?

wedo.jpg
Yes we did!

Senator Sasquatch has become Mr. Doxie, and it's time for a brand new adventure. It's been way too long, I'm happier than I've ever been, and I miss the hell out of writing. And Bo can be silenced no longer.

Boman.jpg
LOOK, LADIES! IS BO. BO SEXY AND DISTINGUISHED LIKE SEAN CONNERYS.

So...here I am, once again. Please be patient with me; it's hard to come back, and I'm terrified that now that I'm happy, I won't be funny anymore (what if all I do is moon over how cute my husband is? Because, y'all: OMG he's ADORABLE. Want to read all his love notes? Or see his baby pictures? Or, hey! I could describe how good he smells, in iambic pentameter! I...y'all?).

Point being, I'm probably going to be easing in, but dear CHRIST, do I have some stories to tell -- we got engaged in April, my sister got married in May, and then WE got married in September. My life has been a matrimonial whirlwind of showers and invitations and 70,000 trips to Michael's, and honestly, it was the most fun ever, but HOLY HELL am I glad we don't have to do it again. And incidentally, in case you were wondering from the picture above -- yeah, we got married in a cemetery. Hello. We are insane people.

Anyway, that's where we are now; I married my soulmate, on top of a whole bunch of dead guys. The wedding was beautiful and perfect and awesome and I will probably talk about it until forever. We continue to be tormented by (a) Gimmme, (b) Bo, and (c) Evil Kitteh. And it's better than I could have ever imagined. (And, bonus: now we have a metric shit-ton of housewares! Seriously, there is no fancy-ass kitchen implement which we did NOT receive as a wedding gift. Our toaster can do math. It communicates with NASA. It possibly plans to harvest our organs in our sleep but we don't even care because YAY, GOLDEN TOASTY BREAD PRODUCTS).

(Meanwhile, also please note that the toaster has become our fourth pet. Its name is Toaster. As in, "Toaster made this for you; it's TOAST" or "Shh, Toaster is calibrating something!" or "Toaster seems to be calling the President." Anyway, Toaster is way smarter than the dogs, and earns bonus points because Toaster has yet to shit on the coffee table. Toaster is rapidly becoming Mommy's favorite, until I wake up one day without a kidney. BAD TOASTER!)

And...yeah, here we are. I'm just going to post this now, send it out there without editing, but I just wanted to check in, share all this crazy, overwhelming joy we've got going, and say hey, after much too long. And, of course, to announce that from now on...it's Mrs. Doxie. Which, all said, is just another way of saying, EEEEEEEE, YOU GUYS, I GOT MOTHERFUCKING MARRIED!

married.jpg
Yay, the dogs are legitimate now!

Love to all of y'all, and I'll be back soon -- I promise. This time, I'm here to stay, for better or worse.

P.S.: (EEEEEEEEEEE!)

Posted by doxie in | permalink

Oh, hooray!! Welcome back! And congratulations!

Posted by: Gwen | December 1, 2010 09:46 PM

So glad you are back. Congrats. I am so glad that everything is well with you. You deserve it. Please come back soon.

Posted by: Cie | December 1, 2010 09:59 PM

CONGRATS, Leigh!!! So glad to hear all the good news, and even happier to see that you're writing! :) Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: aphrodite | December 1, 2010 10:03 PM

Oh, HELL YES, honey. TO IT ALL. To your marriage, to your happiness, to Mr. Doxie, to Toaster, and of course, to Bo.

So very glad that you are back, and even gladder (?) for your wonderful happy beginning.

Posted by: gabrielle | December 1, 2010 10:12 PM

Well, as comebacks go, this one is fantastic!

Congratulations!

Posted by: Tamara | December 1, 2010 10:23 PM

Miss Doxie popped up in Google Reader! Huzzah! You look stunning and Mr. D. looks very handsome. Congratulations.

Posted by: Mindy | December 1, 2010 10:26 PM

Congratulations! Well, that wedding planning stuff will definitely keep you busy. Glad to have you back.

Posted by: elz | December 1, 2010 10:30 PM

I'm back. WOW. Those photos... What an amazing wedding!

Posted by: aphrodite | December 1, 2010 10:30 PM

Oh my lord, you guys; y'all have seriously got me tearing up. It's so amazing to see all these familiar names! Thank you so, so much.

Posted by: Mrs. Doxie (EEEEEE!) | December 1, 2010 10:31 PM

Mrs. Doxie! Holy gee! Welcome back and warm congrats. And BO - HELLO!, handsome devil, I have missed your funny little face.

Posted by: Maria | December 1, 2010 10:33 PM

I am sooo happy to hear from you and with such wonderful news! I missed you and Bo. Please keep us informed!

Posted by: Bonney | December 1, 2010 10:37 PM

I love happy surprises popping up in my Google reader. :) Congratulations!

Posted by: DiaryofWhy | December 1, 2010 10:38 PM

Congratulations! How very exciting for you both. (And it's nice to have you back).

Posted by: Nikki | December 1, 2010 10:38 PM

Miss Doxie done got married!

Oh Leigh. So happy for you.

Now don't tease us anymore. How many comeback posts can we endure before we die of bitter, bitter disappointment? Come back! All the time!

Posted by: jonniker | December 1, 2010 10:39 PM

That wedding might be the most beautiful one I've ever seen. And I have seen a lot of damn weddings. Congratulations! I am so glad you're back.

Posted by: Kate | December 1, 2010 10:40 PM

Woo! So happy for you, Leigh! And Mr. Doxie! And TOASTER!

I'm also selfishly happy for me! More posts! Yay!

Posted by: Amy | December 1, 2010 10:41 PM

YES! Best Google Reader surprise ever. Welcome back, and more importantly, CONGRATULATIONS! So happy to hear that you're happy.

Posted by: Jenn | December 1, 2010 10:41 PM

YAY,MOAR BO!!

And congratulations on that wedding thing too I guess...

Posted by: Alexis | December 1, 2010 10:42 PM

HAPPY JOY! Wonderful that you're back. Fanfabulotastic that you and the Hon. Sen. Sasquatch Doxie are wedded. Great pics of everyone. You and the HSSD look beautiful.

Posted by: Mon | December 1, 2010 10:43 PM

Yay! You're back, and married! Congrats Mrs!
So happy to see you pop up in my google reader ... and LOVE the pictures of your wedding!

Posted by: Suz | December 1, 2010 10:44 PM

Oh, and those pictures are to die for! So, so lovely.

Posted by: DiaryofWhy | December 1, 2010 10:44 PM

Yeah, Jonniker, I'm going to try to make this more than an annual thing. I mean, we're decorating the tree this weekend; that has to result in SOMEthing else for 2010. Probably that something will involve the idiot cat.

And, thank y'all all, again; I may be biased, but I'm pretty sure our wedding might have been the best thing that ever happened on top of a whole bunch of really deceased Southerners.

Posted by: Mrs. Doxie | December 1, 2010 10:45 PM

Oh, holy fuck and Mazel Tov! Yay! Glad to have YOU ALL back! :)

Posted by: Pammer | December 1, 2010 10:46 PM

How sad is it that I remember where I was the last time you posted? (At Blogher, so it kind of makes sense, I guess, in a sort of pathetic way.) Come back to stay!

Posted by: slynnro | December 1, 2010 10:47 PM

Dual purpose "Hooray!," both for your wedding and your return.

Posted by: TJ | December 1, 2010 10:47 PM

Congratulations to you! And congratulations to us; you're back!

Posted by: Granola Spice | December 1, 2010 10:49 PM

You're heeeeeereee!!! Holy cajoly lovely! I'm so happy for you and what a wonderful surprise to see you back.

Stick around will ya?

Posted by: Dysfunction Junction | December 1, 2010 10:51 PM

Yay! So glad for google reader.

But a bigger, less selfish yay for wedding! And toaster! Will happily await the story of The Doxies and the Tree, or whatever the decorating shenanigans turn into.

Posted by: Alice | December 1, 2010 10:51 PM

*throws confetti*

*does huge happy dance*

Congrats from a (VERY) longtime lurker! I hope you're back to stay!

Posted by: Emily | December 1, 2010 10:52 PM

Congratulations! And Squee! I'm glad you've found happiness... and adorableness.

Posted by: PomJob | December 1, 2010 10:53 PM

What a fabulous surprise! So glad to see a post from you again, and congratulations on the wedding. It looked stunning - more photos? :)

This is why google reader is awesome.

Posted by: Anna | December 1, 2010 10:54 PM

EEEEEEEEEE!!! So happy happy happy to see you pop up in my Google reader. I have to second Jonniker, however. My nerves, they can't take the thrill of the posting and the agony of the silence. Also? I hope you plan on retroactively filling us in on all the wedding excitement because who out there doesn't love stories about Michael's? Commies, that's who.

Posted by: ellbee | December 1, 2010 10:56 PM

Congratulations and Welcome back!

Posted by: Janna | December 1, 2010 10:56 PM

What the...? Mrs. Doxie!!! That is too awesome. Happy holidays, girlie!

Posted by: Anne L. | December 1, 2010 10:58 PM

Welcome back and congrats! I hope to hear more about Bo's latest exploits soon. And yours too of course!

Posted by: Shawna | December 1, 2010 10:59 PM

MOTHERFUCKING EEEEEEEEEE congratulations!

I was JUST thinking about you yesterday because HEY I GOT MARRIED TOO and we got a dog (not a dachshund, a pitbull) and then because we are insane and both done with childbearing we got ANOTHER DOG and he is a mutt-puppy my kids found but he's AT LEAST HALF DACHSHUND and we named him Bumpus and he's horrible and humps the pitbull to death but she could totally stop him if she wanted to so it must be love. EEEEEEEE!!! Welcome back!

Posted by: MFA Mama | December 1, 2010 10:59 PM

Oh holy hell Batman! My reader thingy wasn't lying to me! I thought surely it was just toying with me since it knew how much I love your blog, but it's truuuuueeeee!! Yippee! Also, congrats on the Beautiful! Wedding! I'm in the process of planning mine now and yeah, while fun, also exhausting!

Sooo glad your back!! (oh gawd, I sound like a Justin beiber fan....haaa)

Posted by: Cheap Vodka | December 1, 2010 10:59 PM

Holy fuck, Leigh! It's been like, a year? But at least you show back up with an awesome update. So there's that. Yay! And EEEEE!! Also, miss Bo.

Posted by: Liz | December 1, 2010 11:09 PM

Welcome back Mrs. Doxie. It's about friggin' time ;)

Love you and can't wait for your stories.

Posted by: catherino | December 1, 2010 11:09 PM

Yayy! And congrats! And thank all that is holy for Google reader because you're back! And congrats again.

Posted by: Natalie | December 1, 2010 11:10 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats, and I'm SO happy you're back!

Posted by: Sarah | December 1, 2010 11:15 PM

Girl, you know how to come back with a bang! Congrats!

Posted by: Jools | December 1, 2010 11:20 PM

Hurrah! And also: CONGRATULATIONS!

Posted by: Kerri Anne | December 1, 2010 11:20 PM

Yay!

Posted by: Susan | December 1, 2010 11:23 PM

Holy smokes, you are one beautiful bride. Congratulations!

And on a selfish note, I'm so glad to have you back because I've missed those darned dogs (and you).

Posted by: Julie | December 1, 2010 11:23 PM

Congratulations! :-)

Posted by: Eddie | December 1, 2010 11:24 PM

Delurking to say congratufuckenlations, and I'm so happy for you, and that you're back

Posted by: Claire | December 1, 2010 11:25 PM

welcome back, mrs. doxie! so thrilled for you!

Posted by: heather | December 1, 2010 11:27 PM

Yay! Congratulations!

Posted by: stephanie | December 1, 2010 11:28 PM

wheeeeeee!!! so happy for you!!!

Posted by: Margaret | December 1, 2010 11:39 PM

Why, congratulations. Mrs. Doxie! I for one would like to request further details i.r.t. the particular part of this Best Wedding Evah business wherein you got married in... a cemetery?

Can't wait for more, lady. Welcome back!

Posted by: Tracy27 | December 1, 2010 11:43 PM

Oh, wait, link says it all if I'd bothered to note it the first time around. Never mind! More Bo stories instead, please!

Posted by: Tracy27 | December 1, 2010 11:45 PM

This just absolutely made my day. I check back so often and I'm so very glad to see you made it back!!! Are you surprised at how many people have commented already? See how much we missed you??!!!

I'm so very happy for you and your family. Welcome to the family, Senator!

I look so forward to many more awesome Leigh posts. You have been missed and we love you so very much.

YAY!!!!

P.S. I kept meaning to email you to see when you were coming back, but I figured you were settling into being a Mrs. So worth the wait!

P.P.S. Could I use the word "so" more times? Sheesh.

Posted by: Jessica | December 1, 2010 11:50 PM

Yippee! So happy for your happiness, and so happy you're back!

Posted by: greyfavorite | December 1, 2010 11:52 PM

THRILLED. I knew you'd be back!

Posted by: Lori | December 1, 2010 11:54 PM

Yay! Eeee!

Posted by: Victoria | December 2, 2010 12:08 AM

YEAH! Congrats and glad you're back.

Posted by: carrie | December 2, 2010 12:10 AM

Aaaaand I love you! I am so happy for you guys :D And you are gorgeous and wedding-y and you make a fantastically beautiful bride, and of course that is a rather handsome fellow you've landed yourself, there. Hooray for canine legitimacy!

Posted by: Heather | December 2, 2010 12:23 AM

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous photos!!! Congratulations, and welcome back to Blogdom!!!

Posted by: Abby - Bright Yellow World | December 2, 2010 12:25 AM

Could you write another tree decorating post because although reading the one from five ( or six or holy shit) number of years ago has become an annual Xmas tradition in the # household all our friends have heard the story for at least for the third time and now just merely titter when your cell phone charger plugs are all neatly hung by the washer with care rather than roar with laughter as they did the first time they heard it

Posted by: #6 | December 2, 2010 12:35 AM

Eeee! Welcome back! And congratulations!!

Posted by: Sarah-Rose | December 2, 2010 12:57 AM

Yay! This dedicated lurker missed you. :-)

Posted by: M | December 2, 2010 01:19 AM

Hooray!

Posted by: Janet | December 2, 2010 01:27 AM

OH MY GAH DOXIE'S BACK!!!! Hooray!

SUPER congrats to you two, so glad this update is a happy one! Can't wait to hear all the new stories!

Posted by: Leslie M. | December 2, 2010 01:36 AM

Gosh, congratulations! I don't know what to say, but the look of joy on your face really says it all. I'm truly happy for you! And, welcome back. You and Bo have been missed.

Posted by: Tracy | December 2, 2010 02:04 AM

Congrats! I've missed reading your posts. And I don't think you've lost your sense of humor in writing, cuz it made me smile.

Posted by: Leslie | December 2, 2010 02:05 AM

Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness!!!! What a way to begin a post!!!! Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Doxie!!!! This is going to sound ridiculous but I'm so happy to see you find your happy ending (which is actually a happy beginning!) And you could post about toast day and night and I would still be entertained!

Posted by: Kate K | December 2, 2010 02:13 AM

Glad, very glad, you are back in accessible blog world. Great timing for me. I was ripe for a big smile. And Congratulations! Mr. and Mrs. Doxie.

Posted by: Chechero8 | December 2, 2010 02:15 AM

Congratulations to you both! And to Bo. I'm not sure what for, but crapping on the coffee table's a good start.

Posted by: jac | December 2, 2010 02:49 AM

Mrs. Doxie! I'm so happy for you!! I can't believe it's been so long since your last post, and I hope to hear a lot more from you!

Posted by: Erin | December 2, 2010 02:51 AM

YESS!! Please do come back ! And congrats, tell us more about your wedding, and wedding planning crazies :)

Posted by: Francine | December 2, 2010 03:37 AM

Marrying your soulmate = best move ever. Welcome back!

Posted by: Kim | December 2, 2010 04:37 AM

YAY! I am so happy for you.

Posted by: Helloheather | December 2, 2010 05:24 AM

That's awesome! Congratulations, and welcome back. :)

Posted by: wyo | December 2, 2010 07:13 AM

This is so awesome. I randomly check back once in a while and I'm usually disappointed but not today. Yaaay and congrats to you and Mr. Doxie. Can't wait for hilarious posts about planning a wedding, the toaster harvesting organs and BO!!

Posted by: Nicole in Wi | December 2, 2010 07:15 AM

I'm so glad to see you, and I feel so cheated out of the parts we missed! We could have done so much squeeing over weddings! And we don't even KNOW Mr. Doxie! I mean, hello, do you not realize you OWE US a consistent narrative? ...Oh, wait.

Posted by: Swistle | December 2, 2010 07:28 AM

Seriously doing a happy dance.

Posted by: Deb from Austin | December 2, 2010 07:47 AM

OMG Congratulations!!!!! So.Freakin.Awesome!!!! cannot wait to hear the stories

Posted by: colleen | December 2, 2010 07:48 AM

A TOAST to Mrs. Doxie.

See what I did there? With the toast?

So happy you are back! So happy you are married! So happy you have kitchen supplies! So happy to see Bo's face in the kabuki makeup!

Happy.

Posted by: June Gardens | December 2, 2010 07:59 AM

Glad your back! And glad your absence was due to Happy Things. Looking forward to stories. You know you never did tell us about the Bra Thing, whatever that is.

Posted by: Amanda | December 2, 2010 08:00 AM

YOU'RE back. I was so delighted that I forgot my grammar. Dammit. How embarrassing.

Posted by: Amanda | December 2, 2010 08:01 AM

Yay! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! And us, 'cause of how you're back.

Posted by: Michele | December 2, 2010 08:14 AM

YAY LEIGH!!! Congratulations!!!! Here, I got you some exclamation points. But I forgot to wrap them. Sorry about that.

Best wishes for much happiness! You two are so cute it makes my teeth hurt (in a good way).

Posted by: Mir | December 2, 2010 08:15 AM

Yay many congratulations to you and Mr. Doxie. And double yay that you are back, I was so thrilled to see this pop up in my google reader!

Posted by: Stephanie | December 2, 2010 08:35 AM

Also delurking to say congrats! And the photos look awesome--what a lovely place for a wedding!

Posted by: MIB | December 2, 2010 08:41 AM

EEEEEE! It's a Mrs Doxie! And a Mr (Sasquatch) Doxie! But most importantly ... BO! (Sorry, Leigh, but I think we all know who is The King Of This Here Castle.)

Welcome back; as you can plainly see, you have been sorely missed. And congratulations on what looks like one hell of a wedding!

Posted by: ysabelkid | December 2, 2010 08:51 AM

I started reading your blog while you were gone...sooo happy to see you are back..and MARRIED! yay for you! Congrats...looking forward to reading about your new life and the adventures of Toaster!

Posted by: Jenn in Tenn | December 2, 2010 09:11 AM

YAY! Congratulations & welcome back, you beautiful old married lady you.

Posted by: jive turkey | December 2, 2010 09:14 AM

SQUEEEEE!!! Congratulations, Leigh! You sooo deserve happiness. And thank you for coming back; I've kept you in my Google reader and have awaited your return. OK -- I still lived my life, ate, slept, etc. but I was so happy to see you posted again.

Give Toaster, the doxies and Senator Sasquatch a kiss for me.

YAY!!!

Posted by: ChariD | December 2, 2010 09:14 AM

Congratulations!!! It looks like your wedding was incredible!

Posted by: Audrey | December 2, 2010 09:16 AM

Delurking to say two things:

Yay! You're back!

Congratulations! I am so glad you are filled with joy!

Oh, okay, three things:

I can't wait to read more!

Posted by: megsie | December 2, 2010 09:23 AM

Say wha?! Congratulations! What a wacky wonderful wedding!

Posted by: Angeerah | December 2, 2010 09:29 AM

I can ASSURE you that you will still be funny now that you are happy. And all of your fans will be happy with you.

I'd also like to chime in with the request that you not go another year between posts. I'm still waiting to hear about the "bra thing" you alluded to in your *last* comeback post. ;)

Welcome back, Mrs. Doxie!

Posted by: Cobwebs | December 2, 2010 09:30 AM

Yay! And also, you looked breathtaking, I mean like really amazingly gorgeous and happy. So glad you're back

Posted by: Courtney | December 2, 2010 09:48 AM

I just want to completely agree with every comment that previously posted!! Yay!!!

Posted by: Lena | December 2, 2010 09:49 AM

HEY Mrs. Doxie ~ so glad for your return. I often check your page in hopes for an update and it made my day to see your update! Even makes this morning sickness thing I am suffering through not so bad today because I am just so happy to see you happy! Congrats on all fronts...and I bet those dead Southerners were really happy to attend your affair!

Posted by: Alison | December 2, 2010 10:08 AM

Oh my WORD! Miss -- excuse me, MRS. -- Doxie returns! I am so excited! And you are all married and stuff! This is thrilling! I shall overuse exclamation points in your honor!!!

Your wedding looks like it was truly incredible and wonderful and look how HAPPY!

In sum: Yay.

Posted by: Lawyerish | December 2, 2010 10:10 AM

wow wow wow wow wow!

Posted by: ailo | December 2, 2010 10:18 AM

Yay yay yay! So happy to have you back, and so happy that you're happy. Congrats to the Doxie family.

Posted by: Carrie Ann | December 2, 2010 10:24 AM

I almost deleted you from Google Reader last week. But I held out hope! And have been rewarded!

Yay yay yaaaaaay for you! Congrats!

Posted by: Kate Bee | December 2, 2010 10:31 AM

Yay! Congratulations, Mr. & MRS. Doxie!! And yay Bo! You're not a bastard anymore!

Had to have The Freak put to sleep in January. Got a "compromise" puppy, Dug, 1/2 yellow lab, 1/2 basset hound. Not the same. Also doesn't feel like a compromise, anymore, now that he's one. All lab with stubby legs. Bo reminds me of The Freak, though. Separated at birth?? Miss her and missed you...

Posted by: Lynnette | December 2, 2010 10:33 AM

Well, thank the sweet baby Jesus or someone!! I had just about given up, but now I IS SO HAPPY! Congratulations - you so, so deserve this happiness.

Posted by: LauraL | December 2, 2010 10:44 AM

Yay, congratulations! I am so excited that you're back; your writing is the best stuff on the web.

Your wedding photos are beautiful and I can't wait to hear the story of how you got married in a cemetery. And also, more stories about Toaster.

Posted by: Pickles & Dimes | December 2, 2010 10:55 AM

OMG YOU'RE BACK. This just made my day. And I'm SO happy for you, dear stranger of the internetz. I actually saw your photos on Rock N Roll Bride! And clearly didn't know who it was, but was all, OMG AWESOME. So, thank you for gracing us again with your presence. Nothing but well wishes coming your way.

Posted by: krittabug | December 2, 2010 10:59 AM

Congratulations!

You being well is what's important. Some of us are not thrilled that we waited for over a year for your return but like I said, your happiness is what really matters.

Greetings to all your family!

Posted by: Roadmaster | December 2, 2010 11:11 AM

KickASS! Glad you're back and glad you're happy! Don't worry, you're still very funny.

Posted by: Andrea B | December 2, 2010 11:13 AM

Wow!! Congratulations!! (Had to get this in before the thousands of others crash your site...) XOXO!

Posted by: Jane | December 2, 2010 11:15 AM

Yay! I knew it was a good decision to keep my reader subscription!

Posted by: Sara | December 2, 2010 11:28 AM

Congratulations and welcome back!!!

Posted by: Shelly | December 2, 2010 11:31 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!! So happy to hear that you are happy.

Posted by: Sarah L. | December 2, 2010 11:35 AM

Congradu-freaking-lations! Super happy for you!

Posted by: Marie | December 2, 2010 11:58 AM

Congratulations!! YAY!!!

Posted by: Melissa | December 2, 2010 12:06 PM

YAY! Congratulations - so happy for you! And selfishly, so happy you're back. :) Needless to say, you look gorgeous.

Posted by: Liz | December 2, 2010 12:11 PM

I am usually the kind of person who can barely find her way around the internet, but I missed you so that I went looking for you a tiny bit. I was worried something bad had happened and hoping something good had. So found your wedding photos. And I was so, so happy for you and told everyone I knew who read you the wonderful news! Then I felt ashamed and dirty and stepped away from the computer. :( I'm just so very glad that you are back!!! Yay for happiness and marriage and Toaster and doggies and kitteh and POSTING!!

So very glad you are back and I can hear about your good news from you!

Posted by: Minda | December 2, 2010 12:13 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

So glad that the recent quietness on your blog was due to very much of the zany and happy endings/beginnings and not because the dogs were holding you hostage or anything.

Yay for Mr & Mrs Doxie!

Posted by: Scraps | December 2, 2010 12:32 PM

Congratulations! A friend forwarded me a blog by someone with two dogs - one neurotic and one mellow - and it made me realize that I hadn't checked your site in ages. Imagine my surprise to come here on 12/2 and see that you'd just updated a day prior with news of your MARRIAGE!!! That's great! I do hope you stay with us and provide us great tales of marital bliss, doxie hijinx, and kitteh conundrums.

Posted by: Beth | December 2, 2010 12:35 PM

Oh, yay! Congratulations to you both! You look beautiful together.

I'm so glad to hear you're happy...and that you want to write again. I'm pretty sure most of us are sticking with you until you tell us otherwise, so whenever you're ready, we're ready :)

Posted by: Kate | December 2, 2010 12:46 PM

WHAT. I want to make out with Google Reader right now for letting me know MISS DOXIE IS BACK. AND BO. Mazel tov, lovely Leigh, on everything. You deserve all the happiness in the world.

Posted by: Joey | December 2, 2010 01:21 PM

HOORAY!!! And, YAAAAYYYY!! And, and, NEVER LEAVE US AGAIN!! And, and, and HOOOOOORAY again!!!!

Posted by: Lucy | December 2, 2010 01:25 PM

I cannot think of a woman more deserving of happiness than you. I have loved reading your blog for as long as I can remember and --- OMFG*!*!&@##! NEW DOXIE POST ---- welcome back! Yay! Best wishes to you and the Senator! (I have Toaster Envy, by the way.)

Posted by: angie | December 2, 2010 01:44 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEE! Welcome back! This was the best of Google Reader today.

Posted by: Corinne | December 2, 2010 02:08 PM

Congrats! I have never commented before, but I have read you for so long, and am so happy to see a new post! You and Mr.Doxie are one gorgeous couple, can't wait to hear more stories of your little family.

Posted by: Jessie | December 2, 2010 02:10 PM

HELLS YES! Also - CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you to be back writing, because, hellllo - you're funny.
Oh, yeah, am excited about wedding thing too.

Randomness - you speak of your Toaster as a pet? My pet (kitteh) is NAMED Toaster. Makes it awesome to scold her, not unlike what you do now (only .. now I'm thinking of your Toaster's plots - I hope the two Toasters never collude.)

Anyways - I add my congrats to the billion comments and hope to hear more from you!

Posted by: Audrey | December 2, 2010 02:15 PM

Check it out - Christmas just done come early!
YAY YAY YAY MISS DOXIE!

Posted by: suzi in Vegas | December 2, 2010 02:22 PM

I'm probably the 1,000th person to say this, but CONGRATULATIONS! And YAY! You're BACK!

Posted by: daysgoby | December 2, 2010 03:05 PM

Oh you are stunning, oh he is gorgeous, oh you are back --- oh, CONGRATULATIONS, Beautiful MRS. Doxie!!

Posted by: Elizabeth_K | December 2, 2010 03:20 PM

This just made my day! It gladdens my heart to know that you are doing so well and are happy in life.

It's always so strange when an imaginary internet friend drops off the face. All you can do is wonder and hope that they're well, and feel silly for wondering and hoping about someone you don't REALLY know.

Cant wait to hear more of your tales!

Posted by: ZestyJenny | December 2, 2010 03:46 PM

SO HAPPEH for you! Oakland Cemetary is amazing but your creative touches made for an astounding event. Thanks for sharing with us and congrats!

Posted by: Renee in GA | December 2, 2010 03:49 PM

Hmmm...The Senator changed his name to Sasquatch...

Oddly enough, I haven't checked back in six months thinking that you were gone forever...and here you are. Congratulations, and may you be blessed with the pitter patter of more evil little feet...

Posted by: Chris@TheSnackHound | December 2, 2010 03:59 PM

You're back?

You're back?!?!?!?!!?!?

Squeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Jazz

Posted by: Jazz | December 2, 2010 04:45 PM

Congrats! I'm so happy that you are happy, and married and that I never deleted you from my RSS in hopes that you would really come back!

Posted by: Jessica | December 2, 2010 04:46 PM

Eeeee! Congratulations! And welcome back! Please to be blogging lots.

Posted by: Emily | December 2, 2010 04:49 PM

Holy Hell! Such news!! Congratulations to you, and welcome back...we've missed the hell out of you :)

Posted by: Stacie | December 2, 2010 05:11 PM

Despite having never met you, I got really excited when I read this entry! Isn't the internet strange like that? So happy for you & Mr. Doxie. Best wishes from yet another longtime fan :)

Posted by: Liz C | December 2, 2010 05:28 PM

Hooray! And congratulations!

Posted by: Kari | December 2, 2010 05:54 PM

YAYYYYY! You are back! Thank GOD! and CONGRATS on the marriage! So happy you are happy!

Posted by: Sara | December 2, 2010 05:57 PM

Yay! Congratulations!
And please never leave us again.

Posted by: Lori | December 2, 2010 05:58 PM

How wonderful to see you again! Just the other day I was thinking it might be time to take this blog off my Bloglines list because it always made me so sad to see it sitting there bereft and un-updated, but here you are! Congratulations!

Posted by: b | December 2, 2010 07:14 PM

Holy fucking shit! Congratulations! Oakland Cemetary (and this is going to sound very odd for anyone who has never been) has got to be about the coolest thing I've ever heard for a wedding. Those pictures are gorgeous. Wheeeee, so glad you are back!

Posted by: jane | December 2, 2010 07:35 PM

So very very pleased you're back. Congratulations on the nuptials!

Posted by: Maddy | December 2, 2010 07:55 PM

Congrats! Your wedding looked amazing!

Posted by: Jamie | December 2, 2010 08:30 PM

Hooray!! I am so glad to see you back and happy and married! The world is back on it's axis. Aah. I will be checking back to hear about all new adventures of Ms. and Mr. Doxie.

Posted by: Dianne | December 2, 2010 08:33 PM

Hooray!

Posted by: Theodosia | December 2, 2010 09:05 PM

Wow!! Congrats. I screamed when I saw a new post in my feed readers. I'm glad you're back.

Posted by: carolyn | December 2, 2010 09:14 PM

Congrants!! I am so happy for you. I met my best guy 11 yrs ago - we will have been married for 10 yrs. April 14th 2011. Wishing you the best with - doxies!!

Posted by: Melissa May | December 2, 2010 09:18 PM

Sweet Jesus on a baked potato! It's true! You really are back; hopefully for more than 13 months this time.
I'm a bit of a luddite, so I don't have an RSS feed, or whatever that is called, but I do check your site periodically. I wasn't expecting to see anything other than "The storeh of the kitteh" again, when lo and behold - a shiny new post. Wow! I had to open a bottle of wine to celebrate. Welcome back! Canada missed you too and I can't wait to read more of your hilarious exploits. Cheers!

Posted by: Edna from the Great White North | December 2, 2010 09:34 PM

I am so glad you are back, though we are friends on FB, I am so glad you are back to writing. I began my own blog because of you and I am enjoying every minute of it. Love you MRS. Doxie :)

Posted by: Tina | December 2, 2010 09:54 PM

BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!! So happy for you!

Posted by: Linda | December 2, 2010 09:59 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Congratulations! Welcome back! Hooray! :D

Posted by: Breanne | December 2, 2010 11:22 PM

Congratulations!!!! You were sorely missed. So glad you and Mr. Doxie are so happy (beautiful pictures). Also, it's totally possible to be both happy AND funny, especially for
someone who can turn a phrase the way you can! Again, delighted for both of you.

Posted by: Jane | December 2, 2010 11:28 PM

Holy shiiiiit at your wedding. Awe.friggin.some.

I've been waiting patiently for an update and BOOM there she was tonight in my reader. Love it.

Congratulations!!!

Posted by: Beth@ Unskinny Boppy | December 3, 2010 02:16 AM

Woo hoo glad to see you back. Missed that sexy Bo!

Posted by: mischasone | December 3, 2010 04:31 AM

Best news ever! All the very best for you and all of your happy-ever-after-family (including Mr. Toaster)

Posted by: Jens | December 3, 2010 06:16 AM

Now THAT is a comeback! Congratulations to you and to Mr. Doxie! So glad you're back!!

Posted by: Missy | December 3, 2010 09:09 AM

Okay, now I have to steal the line "sweet Jesus on a baked potato."

Posted by: June Gardens | December 3, 2010 10:00 AM

This just made my day! Welcome back, and more importantly, CONGRATULATIONS!!! We seem to have been living a parallel life this year (engaged in March, baby sister married in May, we got married a few weeks ago, our poor parents are now much poorer, etc., etc.), and it was indeed the best whirlwind ever. Can't wait to hear how it went for you!

Posted by: Kate | December 3, 2010 10:12 AM

Eeeeee!!!!! Congrats! Can't wait to read more!

Posted by: Yahpee | December 3, 2010 12:43 PM

your marriage in a cemetery was fitting, b/c I thought I was seeing a GHOST when I saw you in my feed reader. MISS, er, MRS. DOXIE returns!!!

Congratulations \o/

Posted by: Gretchen | December 3, 2010 12:50 PM

What, I ignore my feedreader for a few days and I MISS THIS? Congratulations and welcome back!

I can't wait to read more!

Posted by: Allura | December 3, 2010 02:56 PM

Congratulations! How freaking exciting!

Posted by: Erin | December 3, 2010 03:35 PM

omg love love love it!! everything! and especially that you're back. Can I add you to my feed-reader, for real? :)

Congratulations!

Posted by: Kelly | December 3, 2010 04:50 PM

Oh, sweet slithering Cthulu, what a happy surprise!

Posted by: Annie Mouse | December 3, 2010 04:55 PM

Hooray for Mrs. Doxie! That must have been one HELL of a wedding - and feel free to enthuse about your husband here. I've been with mine for 13 years and I still occasionally want to enthuse about him. Occasionally.

Posted by: bkwyrm | December 3, 2010 08:26 PM

Congratulations! How utterly exciting. Nothing like some legit dogs to class the place up, right?

The Toaster story reminds me of that old Calvin and Hobbes comic strip where Calvin is showing Hobbes this weird thing, you put bread in, and wait, and toast comes out! Hobbes peers at the toaster and says, "Where does the bread go?" and Calvin says, "I don't know!" The mysterious toaster...

Posted by: ccr in MA | December 4, 2010 11:39 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!! I had a feeling you were off getting hitched this year.

Posted by: Suzanne | December 4, 2010 11:43 AM

Congratulations are so in order! Can't wait to hear all the stories - I'm sure Bo has not been totally well behaved all this time!

Posted by: Melissa May | December 4, 2010 02:48 PM

For some reason today I thought I'd check your site, and wasn't expecting anything - but there it was! And holy cow, what an update.
Congratulations to you both! Glad to see how beautifully everything has worked out for you!

Posted by: Cathy B. | December 4, 2010 04:35 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!! I knew you'd come back so I've kept you on my blog reader all this time! CONGRATS!

Posted by: Dangerous K | December 4, 2010 05:08 PM

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Doxie! So glad that you're back to writing! Can't wait to read about your adventures whenever you have time to post them! -Signed, a former lurker
PS. I hope that the Cat stays away from the tree (and that Gimmme isn't so afraid of this one!)

Posted by: Snewt | December 4, 2010 07:51 PM

Is it evil of me to wish for injuries during the Christmas Tree decoration? For hilarities during the write-up by Miss Doxie. I mean, Mrs. Doxie. ?

Posted by: MyEvilTwin | December 4, 2010 08:37 PM

Welcome back Mrs. Doxie! I love your posts and wish you and Mr. Doxie the best. Mazel tov.

Posted by: Leah | December 4, 2010 08:39 PM

Yay! Congratulations, and you are so pretty.

Also, if you leave again, I might cry.

Posted by: Lauren | December 4, 2010 09:25 PM

YAY! congratulations! I just love reading your blog and I'm so glad you're back!!!

Posted by: Sara | December 4, 2010 09:50 PM

Yay, Miss (now Mrs.) Doxie is back! Can I just say that I teared up a little bit when I saw the wedding pic at the top of your page? I'm so happy for you and your hubby!

Posted by: Laura | December 4, 2010 09:59 PM

Yay! Congrats to you! I can't wait to read the stories.

Posted by: mark | December 5, 2010 10:49 AM

Congratulations! Your wedding photos are absolutely spectacular, and I love that it was in a cemetary. So happy for you, and psyched that you're back. I have never deleted your blog link in my Favorites...just in case...and it always seems to pay off sooner or later. Hooray!

Posted by: mo | December 5, 2010 02:42 PM

hahahaha! Congratulations!
Don't worry about not being funny anymore, you're hilarious.

Bo looks cute with his white face. Aw.

Posted by: McKate | December 5, 2010 03:15 PM

So, so glad to have you back, Mrs D. And congratulations. How did Bo look in a bridesmaid's dress?

Posted by: Loth | December 5, 2010 04:00 PM

Hi :)

Posted by: Known_j | December 6, 2010 12:03 AM

Congratulations. I'm looking forward to your future entries..you make me laugh so much and I missed Bo..missed him bad !!

Posted by: drhoctor2 | December 6, 2010 07:43 AM

Finally!! Congratulations and now focus on stories of Evil Kitteh, Bo, and (hopefully!) drunk shopping in time for Christmas...

Posted by: JennTally | December 6, 2010 12:55 PM

Congratulations Mrs Doxie!!! I am so looking forward to reading the further adventures of a married girl and of course more Bo!

Posted by: Diane | December 6, 2010 12:58 PM

Congratulations!

Posted by: Kim | December 6, 2010 01:17 PM

Congratulations! And welcome back!

Posted by: LadyBug | December 6, 2010 01:55 PM

So happy for you! You're a gorgeous bride, congratulations on your marriage. I wish you many years of joy and fun and more doxies!

Posted by: Suzanne | December 6, 2010 03:30 PM

I'm with everybody else - best Google Reder surprize ever!!! Congratulations! You were a beautiful bride! I'm using too many exclaimation points! Enjoy married life. And I'll tell you secret I wish I had know - the first year is the worst. It can be very tough and hard, but it leads to years of happiness.

Posted by: Rachel | December 6, 2010 05:02 PM

YEA!!! Welcome back!

Posted by: Courtney | December 6, 2010 05:07 PM

Yea! Yea! Yea! and one more Yea! just for the heck of it. Welcome back & congratulations! You rock Miss Doxie is all that I can say ♥

Posted by: Pam | December 6, 2010 07:27 PM

Oh you sweet things! Good for y'all.

Posted by: BAngieB | December 6, 2010 10:00 PM

OMG! Welcome back and congratulations! I kept you on my Yahoo home page and every now and then would glance at it to see if you had posted... it is so great to see you doing well and happy.

Posted by: Sharon from Canada | December 6, 2010 10:38 PM

Squeeeee!!!!! Many major congratulations and best wishes!

Posted by: Starr | December 6, 2010 11:34 PM

thanks, glad hat you are back mossed you! oh, also glad about the happt thing

Posted by: hanne Raymond | December 6, 2010 11:35 PM

I have never commented before, and I have been reading your blog since just before you left the first time (so not long!) and I'm so glad that you're back! Many times I found myself reading other blogs and saying "I wish Miss (Mrs) Doxie would come back!" I enjoy your writing too much :) Congratulations on all the good things in your life!

Posted by: Aleks | December 7, 2010 08:14 AM

Yessssssss!

Posted by: dgm | December 7, 2010 09:00 AM

Oh holy grape licking hell I am so happy to see that you're back! And married! And not to worry...a good trip away from the writing seems to have done you much good and I'm certain your entries will be even better now that you've really settled into such wonderfully new surroundings. Congratulations, and thank you for including your loyal followers in such an important and exciting new chapter of your life!

Posted by: Ashley | December 7, 2010 10:19 AM

Well, hurray! You're my fave blogger! And now you're my happy favorite blogger! Congrats, gal. :)

Posted by: LAB | December 7, 2010 04:35 PM

Don't call it a comeback! Woo hoo! Welcome back and congrats!

Posted by: Audra | December 7, 2010 05:26 PM

I am so, so very glad you are back, and happy! I have never commented but have checked back on your blog periodically for a very long time hoping that you would return some day! (I think I read "Cookie and the Geese" about 150 times; it's hilarious!) I hope you know that you are wonderful and have many, many fans! Keep blogging!

Posted by: KK | December 7, 2010 09:40 PM

Congrats!!

And seriously.... you're actually worried about not being funny? hahahahahahaha That in itself is HILARIOUS!!!

Can't wait to read more crazy dog and KITTEH stories!

Posted by: Kenna | December 7, 2010 10:07 PM

Blessings be upon the Doxie home! So glad that you found each other and your way to Oakland :)
PS love the engagement pictures, would love to hear how they lugged a freaking bed in the middle of a river though

Posted by: Elizabeth | December 7, 2010 11:44 PM

Yayyyy!!!!!
I fucking love you!

Posted by: Gretchen | December 8, 2010 01:11 AM

Yay.

Posted by: Brynne | December 8, 2010 04:17 AM

BEST. EVER. Congratulations!

Posted by: eigthk | December 8, 2010 11:16 AM

Congratulations! I checked your site every so often, hoping against hope you'd updated, and you finally did. I actually squealed! Congratulations again!

Posted by: alli | December 8, 2010 01:58 PM

Congratulations!!! Your pictures are gorgeous - so happy for you both.

AND HELLO BO! WE MISSED YOU HANDSOME MOTHERFUCKER!

Posted by: mingaling | December 8, 2010 02:11 PM

OMG!!! I had just found this blog 2 posts before the blogging stopped and I was all "dammit!". Needless to say I hope you are back (for atleast a little while), and that your union with Senator Sasquatch is a happy one!!!

Congratulations and thanks for such wonderful pictures!!
Kellie

Posted by: Kellie C. | December 8, 2010 02:14 PM

Best thing I've read on the internet all quarter. Congratulations!

Posted by: Kimberly | December 8, 2010 02:51 PM

Congrats Mrs. Doxie!! Long time reader - so glad you are back. Your photos are lovely, thanks for sharing!!!

Posted by: TraceyCK | December 8, 2010 05:42 PM

So glad you're back. So glad you're happy. The internet missed you.

Posted by: Daisy Steiner | December 8, 2010 09:01 PM

i don't think i can possibly be happier for you. and me(because you're back). please don't go away again for so long. (seriously i am so, so happy for you congratulations!)

Posted by: nerr | December 8, 2010 10:56 PM

i don't think i can be happier for you. and me because you're back. yay! seriously so happy for you congratulations!

Posted by: nerr | December 8, 2010 10:58 PM

So much aloha to you both... welcome back, Mrs. Senator Sasquatch!

Posted by: Caroline | December 9, 2010 12:44 AM

OMG, so glad to have checked and found you're back! Congratulations, MRS. Doxie! So happy for you both!

Posted by: Mauigirl | December 9, 2010 12:18 PM

I have just one word....{{{{{{YAY}}}}}} for ALL of it! Please stay now! :-)

Posted by: Isabel | December 9, 2010 12:34 PM

I actually arose from my sick bed (okay, sick couch) to read this as soon as my friend emailed me that you were back. This has made my day and in fact has cured my cold! Behold the powers of Mrs. Doxie!!

Posted by: Anne Prince | December 9, 2010 01:43 PM

One question remains: did Bo earn his graft as a ring-bearer or similar? A short, naughty, attitude-laden bridesmaid?

Posted by: Meetzorp | December 9, 2010 02:26 PM

Congratulations and welcome back. You have been missed! :)

Posted by: Scott | December 9, 2010 04:28 PM

Congratulations, Leigh! You are the most beautiful bride ever. :)

Posted by: Melissa | December 9, 2010 10:40 PM

You got married in a cementary?? That's a first for me :) you look stunning - beautiful photos! Congratulations!

Posted by: Rach from Planet-Cards | December 10, 2010 09:16 AM

I haven't checked here in forever, but for some reason I typed the URL in today and YEAY!! Not just a post, but such a happy one! Congratulations and welcome back :)

Posted by: Sylv | December 10, 2010 10:18 AM

Congratulations and welcome back!

Posted by: Mimi | December 10, 2010 11:24 AM

Yeah, but has Bo actually agreed to being my wife, my partner, my one true love? Will he cherish today, tomorrow and hereafter?

Methinks not ; - )

Posted by: Kate | December 10, 2010 02:25 PM

welcome back and congratulations! We are all so happy for you happiness.

Posted by: Theresa | December 10, 2010 05:39 PM

You are still in my reader, after all these years - and I see it pop up and you're married! CONGRATS!!!! xo!!

Posted by: justJENN | December 10, 2010 06:57 PM

Oh, I just have to be the 300th or so person to say, "Yay!!!!" Congratulations! I was a little worried something horrible had happened to you, and no, something wonderful happened instead. So glad to see you're back, and doing so well!!!

Posted by: Hedda | December 10, 2010 08:17 PM

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Doxie on getting hitched!!! What a gorgeous bride you were on your wedding day!!!

I happened to find your engagement photos at http://www.leighandbriangethitched.com/engagement-session and anyone that looks at them will know that you married your soulmate!!!

Welcome back!! Can't wait to hear more stories about kitteh and Bo and Toaster. Especially the ones that make tears stream done my face because they are fricking funnier the hell.

Congrats again Mrs. Doxie!!!

Posted by: Lissa | December 11, 2010 03:11 AM

Wait... What the? Hey congratulations! I can't believe that so much has happened and you kept quiet all this time. I hope this means you are really back. Good luck to you and Mr Doxie

Posted by: AlisonC | December 11, 2010 11:47 AM

Yay! Congrats and welcome back! Please be back for realz.

PS - I also wore a moustache at my wedding 2.5 years ago...well...not during the ceremony or anything... :)

Posted by: Lani | December 11, 2010 01:18 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! And OMG WELCOME BACK! The innernets have been in dire need of something worth reading. Please... Never stop writing again.

Posted by: Molly | December 11, 2010 09:19 PM

Congratulations & Welcome back!!!!!!! Nice wedding pics! Have missed your posts, but sometimes life takes charge. . .looking forward to future hilarious posts. Enjoy Mr. D!

Posted by: Angie | December 12, 2010 09:03 AM

Oooh! Congratulations Mrs. Doxie!!! And Welcome back! Can't wait to read all about your adventures!!!

Posted by: Katia | December 12, 2010 02:45 PM

Mrs. Doxie, I'm so glad I decided to see if you had awaken from the dead tonight, because YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't have read a more-fabulous entry to relieve myself that you are still around and, furthermore, YOU ARE HAPPY!!!!! Congratulations on your marriage, blessing on you and Mr. Doxie . . . And on the rest of the family too!

Posted by: Davey Cole | December 12, 2010 11:35 PM

Leigh, even if you post once every two years, that's fine by me. I'm possibly not being entirely truthful, but pressure is the enemy of creative expression and I'm a pragmatist. What is certain though, is that it's wonderful to hear the fantastic turns your life has taken.

I have a two-tone felt doxie you signed on the underbelly and mailed to me back when I noted that being an attorney, a writer AND a craft-business maven simultaneously could not be sustained, and that therefore your wares would become collectors' items. My four year old covets it something awful and absconds with it regularly, but I pry it from her soft little hands and return it to its shelf. This elevates me to an uber-elite level of fandom, I believe.

Posted by: Janice | December 13, 2010 04:02 AM

Goodness, I am so glad you are back. I have been waiting and waiting for you to return. I grew a whole human being while you were gone!!! Welcome back. You made a BEAUTIFUL bride. I can't wait for all of your stories. :)

Posted by: Daphney | December 13, 2010 04:11 PM

HOLY CRAP. YAY YAY YAY! Congrats!!! I'm so glad you're back....

Posted by: Ashley | December 14, 2010 11:43 AM

JFC, Leigh! I've been stalking for um...3 years...so thrilled you have everything your heart desires! You deserve it, Ma'am! Do we have to change your site to Mrs. Doxie now? :) Please send more Bo. My Shih Tzu likes to look at Bo pics. She snorts when I show him to her on my laptop! Best wishes, and holy shit, I was not expecting this!!!! Hallelujah!!!! :) :)

Posted by: Wendy | December 14, 2010 05:08 PM

I knew stalking this site would pay off! Super LARGE congratulations. I look forward to many a hilarious story, you still are funny with a bonus happy mixed in!

Posted by: Do | December 15, 2010 06:45 PM

YAY!! Mazal Tov & More YAY's!!

So happy that you are a happy Mrs. Doxie with the LOYL (Love of Your Life) beside you. And the dogs. And evil kitteh. And Toaster.

And YAY - so very happy for you!

Posted by: Kath | December 15, 2010 09:00 PM

Congratulations!! and welcome back. Looking forward to the stories!

Posted by: Kate | December 15, 2010 09:17 PM

Congratulations! I started reading your blog in law school three years ago. Glad to hear the awesome news!

Posted by: Natalia | December 16, 2010 04:46 PM

First of all, yay for you being back. But second - and most of all - YAY FOR YOUR WEDDING WHICH ROCKED MY SOCKS OFF. Congrats!

Posted by: Aimee | December 16, 2010 08:44 PM

Congrats on the wedding! I think I like Mrs & Mr Sasquatch over Mrs & Mr Doxie. Just kidding, either way works just as long as you promise not to stay away for so long. I miss it when you don't post regularly.

Posted by: Stacy | December 16, 2010 10:40 PM

WE HAVE MISSED YOU! Welcome back, congratulations, and you damn well BETTER be back for good because the Internets are not the same without you!

Posted by: adequatemom | December 17, 2010 02:12 PM

Yay!! I'm glad I checked in today. What great news! Yay for your wedded bliss and yay for more great writing. Don't worry about not being funny if you're happy. If you can make a toaster funny, you can make anything funny. :-)

Posted by: Mary | December 17, 2010 04:32 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY.

For having you back, for your happiness. And your funny happiness. Cause you still got it, Mrs.

Posted by: Katie | December 17, 2010 05:44 PM

Yay!!! Congratulations to the Doxie family! What a beautiful wedding!

Posted by: Kathryn | December 18, 2010 01:44 AM

OMG! What luck when I decided to check on your blog again this morning...after having deleted the bookmark to it some time ago. Yay! Congrats, Miss Doxie! You look absolutely stunning. I hope all this marital bliss turns into hilarity.

Posted by: Kelly | December 19, 2010 12:35 PM

I had almost given up on you. But! I still had you in my Favorites (you're a hard girl to give up) and I checked in every three or so months.

Congrats on all your happiness. It's good to have you back.

Posted by: Suzy Q | December 19, 2010 05:00 PM

Congrats! You deserve to be happy and you're still funny as hell don't worry about that. So glad you are back you were missed!

Posted by: Kim | December 19, 2010 09:00 PM

YAYAYAYAYAY!!! I checked the blog a month ago and there was nothing new and I was sad. Then last night my cousin sent me a high urgency e-mail that said "SHE'S BAAAAACK!!!" And happiness ensued. Now there is truly joy in the holiday season, Miss Doxie has become Mrs. and the Senator is sooooo cute! But seriously, those wedding pics. They are the most artsy fartsy things I've seen in a long time. Just beautiful! Great job all the way around and I'm sure the dead guys really enjoyed the party. Can't wait to hear about the Doxie holidaze and KITTEH!!! Oh...and Bo and company too...

Posted by: Karen | December 21, 2010 11:31 AM

Yay! Also congratulations and best wishes! Also welcome back!

Posted by: Linda | December 21, 2010 12:19 PM

So much congratulationsness to you.
xx! A

Posted by: Ashley | December 21, 2010 05:32 PM

Yeah! Congratulations!

Posted by: Karen | December 21, 2010 06:39 PM

Congratulations! I almost stopped coming to your site it's been so long, what a nice suprise!
Best to you!

Posted by: Becky | December 22, 2010 10:43 AM

Hey, hope it doesn't take another year for you to return! Wishing you a merry christmas.

Posted by: DoxieFan | December 22, 2010 01:19 PM

Congratulations! You are a lovely bride. Wishing you much happiness. And if this post is any indication, do not fret about the funny!

And what the hell kinda toaster is that anyway???

Merry Christmas. Looking forward to hearing more about your wedded bliss. OMG, your husband is a cutie!

Posted by: Tinare | December 22, 2010 01:37 PM

Yay! So glad you're back! I had started reading someone else's blog, but you are so much a million times more fun! And you're approximately where I am in life, so also relatable!

Congratulations! You are a beautiful bride and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Posted by: Lorraine | December 22, 2010 02:52 PM

Congratulations and welcome back! !

Posted by: Marcia | December 22, 2010 03:20 PM

congratulations mrs doxie!

Posted by: Andrea | December 23, 2010 09:26 PM

Nice to have you back - and with happy news. We would like a link to photos, please.

Posted by: miandme | December 25, 2010 12:31 PM

congratulations I have checked for an up date like a crazy stalker about once a week for evah! Soo happy to see you back with such exciting news.

Posted by: Jules | December 27, 2010 11:14 PM

Yay! I've been waiting and waiting and I KNEW you'd be back and was soooo hoping it was all because of good news and not bad. I held out and so glad I did! Congrats sugar! Can't wait for more! Gonna read the next post now.. woot!

Posted by: missdevylish | December 28, 2010 03:33 AM

Holy Crap!
Fantastic! Congratulations to you two sweet potatoes.

Posted by: Snapper | December 31, 2010 09:25 PM

My God you are a beautiful lady. Top it off with your amazing sense of humor and smarts....Brian is a lucky guy. And you're obviously a lucky girl...look at that fabulous smile.

Congratulations, again.

Posted by: Serenity | January 1, 2011 06:47 PM

You were so long away from my Reader that it spit out your blog from my feed and I missed all of this exciting news (I'm serious---my Reader has feelings). But I woke up this morning on the first day of the new year and thought, "Whatever happened to Miss Doxie?" And here this is! (along with a Santa squirrel post! Bonus!).

I'm very, very, very happy for you. Long time reader, terrible commenter, but happy to read this wonderful news (and LOVE your photos). Also very glad to see you have rejoined the blogging world. Yay!

Posted by: Fairly Odd Mother | January 1, 2011 10:28 PM

I have no idea what came over me. This morning I actually thought "check on Miss Doxie"

Out.
Of.
the.
Blue.

Just because!

I must have felt the happiness moving through the air.

Posted by: Lisame | January 4, 2011 10:08 AM

Congrats! You look beautiful but more important, you look happy!

Posted by: Melissa | January 6, 2011 12:30 AM

I'm sooooo glad you're back! Congrats on your wedding .. looking forward to hearing all about the Senator and your daily antics with the pooches! P.S. You look marvelous!

Posted by: Dree | January 6, 2011 08:12 AM

Congrats! I'm so excited for you and Brian!

PS: Your wedding pictures are FANTASTIC! It looks like it was a lot of fun.

Posted by: Kate | January 7, 2011 05:38 AM

Congratulations, Mrs. Doxie! And so glad you are back. You have been missed! :)

Posted by: Ivie | January 9, 2011 03:33 PM

Congratulations!

PS: Suck it, Dukay.

Posted by: Kida | January 9, 2011 11:43 PM

Heavens to Betsy!!! I am so glad youre happy again, now me too. I read the Storeh of the Kitteh whenever I needed to feel happy. Congrats! I

Posted by: marilyn courter | January 10, 2011 04:56 PM

OMG I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE BACK YOU HAVE NO IDEA EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Congrats! Oh, and hi to Toaster, since I'm sure Toaster is checking your email...

Posted by: Rene | January 11, 2011 12:11 PM

Well Hot Diggety Dawg!!!

Woo Hoo, and may you be as happy as we have been.

Milo and Bean send slurppy kisses.

Posted by: Suzanne | January 11, 2011 10:33 PM

Oh man. I NEVER comment on anything on the interwebs because it makes me feel like a creeping creeper playing dungeons and dragons in my mom's basement but I have to say I'm so glad you're back. My dissertation is due in TWO months and I have read and reread the Story of the Kitteh at least once a week for the past year everytime I get bummed. You looked beautiful and congratulations to you and Mr. Doxie.

Posted by: Cait | January 17, 2011 01:13 AM

I'm a little late to the party since I can never remember to check my reader/RSS thingy but welcome back and congratulations! You were missed!

Posted by: Barb Cooper | January 19, 2011 04:58 PM

Okay, hi, wow I suck for not commenting on this sooner, but CONGRATS!!!! :) I am so happy for you both, and I am so glad you found your soulmate!!! That last picture of you two is gorgeous--you're both beautiful people!
I wish you all the happiness in the world!

Posted by: Nicole | January 23, 2011 03:06 AM

OMG you're back! Yayyy! Congratulations to you and Mr. Doxie Sasquatch!

Posted by: JennyM | January 25, 2011 10:57 AM

Oh my good lord, CONGRATULATIONS! I was going through old bookmarks and found your site for the first time since...let's not go there. I'm just glad to have rediscovered you! And glad you're back! And glad you're happy!

Posted by: W. Lotus | February 12, 2011 12:25 PM

I might be the last to know you're back, but I'm sqeeeing like a little girl! This is better then a Christmas present!!

Posted by: Moontat | February 19, 2011 12:24 AM

This blog has got lots of very helpful info on it. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Posted by: Hockessin | March 6, 2011 06:07 PM

Congrats Mrs. (&Mr.) Doxie. So happy for you all. Thank God Toaster contacted me or I never would have known.

Posted by: Chickens Consigliere | March 16, 2011 06:19 AM

YOU'RE BACK! And you're MARRIED!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
So glad you're writing again - good to see you! :)

Posted by: Hillary | March 21, 2011 03:57 PM

Christian Louboutin Shoes is a well-known footwear designer who launched his line of high-end women??¥s shoes in France in 1991. The Christian Louboutin helped carry stilettos again into fashion within the Nineties and 2000s,designing dozens of kinds with excessive heel heights of about 120mm and better that make a woman look attractive,lovely and to make her legs look so long as she can.

Posted by: Christian Louboutin | March 23, 2011 01:11 AM

Happily_ever_af.. Keen :)

Posted by: www.missdoxie.com | March 28, 2011 08:45 PM

This is way late, but many congrats to you and the Senator. ^n_n^ I'm glad someone who's repeatedly made me laugh so hard I cried is so happy. Best wishes always!

Posted by: Multi-Facets | April 9, 2011 04:19 AM

With all the doggone snow we have gotten recently I am stuck indoors, fortunately there is the internet, thanks for giving me something to do. :)

Posted by: Leah | May 17, 2011 10:05 AM

Holy Shizballs - the only attorney I even like is back on her blog! You got married and I got a pair of feline brothers named Buddy and Rusty! They are way cool and make me laugh until my BVDs are moistened! As does my friend Joyce's "puppy" Gus - he weighed over 100 pounds at 6 months of age (Great Dane of course). He makes us laugh because he THINKS he's a ShihTzu. The Doxie fun-ness is spreading throughout the South!

You have GREAT Taste in husbands, Leigh!

Posted by: Gayle Miller | June 30, 2011 02:01 AM

Johnny Depp is my idol. such an amazing guy "

Posted by: German Lim | July 22, 2011 04:46 PM