« The Reconstruction of Miss Doxie | Main | Day Two: Coordinated Attack »

Day One: A Bad Beginning

September 11, 2007

Aw, y’all, thank you for welcoming me back all nice, and for saying all your nice words. Please check me out now, drunk with the excitement of being able to type on here! TYPE TYPE TYPE. This is what I am doing! I am not even kidding you! TYPE TYPE! Soon I will start writing gibberish (I mean, more so than now, even), and we will see why maybe too much access is a bad thing, and why the Internet saw fit to divorce me in the first place. Hey, Internet! The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog! Did you know? TYPE!

Aaaaaanyway. So, back to the point, that being my Comprehensive Retrospective of Awkward Periods (code name: CRAP), which continues today. I am thinking I am going to try to do this CRAP chronologically, which in this case means, “Let’s sort of go from bad to worse,” or “at least I was still kind of cute when I was a little kid, but by the time I start doing my own hair, we are entering some seriously troubling territory.” But, that is awfully structured, what with the chronological business, so I might give it up. I especially might give it up since Dukay and I spent the better part of last evening going through even more pictures in an effort to locate even more examples of my own humiliation. This is how that went down:

Phone: Ring!

Dukay: Hello?

Self: Hey! Come over and help me.

Dukay: Is it the kind of helping that is heavy?

Self: No. I need you to pick out all the ugliest pictures of me.

Dukay: Oh, yeah, because THAT doesn’t sound like a trap AT ALL.

(Hee. DUKAY SMART!)

But, actually, no. He is not that smart, because he eventually agreed, and we settled in with several enormous boxes of photographs (also maybe several enormous glasses of wine) and went through them, one by one. And we found some prime examples of CRAP, but I haven’t had a chance to scan them yet, so they might get interjected later this week. Or, maybe we will find even worse CRAP. Dukay specifically remembers a picture of me that made him “shudder,” a revelation accompanied by him actually, physically shuddering at the very memory, but he can’t remember anything else about the picture, including its current location. Apparently, it was so bad that he has blocked it from his mind, so it now lives deep in the land of Dukay’s nightmares. And, hello. THAT SOUNDS PROMISING.

Anyway, maybe we will find that one. Who knows! I should probably involve my mom, who allegedly showed Dukay the shudder picture in the first place. Or, ooo! I should look on my Dad’s desk. Dad’s desk used to be a clearinghouse of personal embarrassment, so you know there has to be some quality there, maybe even in a special drawer of unspoken horror. And thus, a plan was formed.

But, anyway. So, today we are going to look at outfits that are arguably not my fault, because I am small enough that someone else (MOM) chose them for me, with an evident lack of concern (MOM) regarding humiliation or subsequent therapy bills (MOM MOM MOTHER MOM). At this time in my life, I lived outside of Washington, D.C., and harbored a serious, non-platonic crush on He-Man. As the impossibility of that relationship began to dawn on me (too muscle-y!), I shifted my affection to Michael Knight, because He Is A Knight Rider. That love proved much more long-lasting, persisting until I was seven or eight, at which point I left him for…Christian Slater? A member of Poison? I forget, but don’t feel bad, Michael Knight. It wasn’t you; I grew, and I changed. And that just happens sometimes, when you are six.

I am sure I had additional interests during this time, other than imagining tongue-kissing David Hasselhoff, but I can’t remember them now. Except, oh, wait. Yes I can: Star Wars. I have previously described my childhood Star Wars obsession, and my relationship with a very special pressure cooker, but the short version is that the year I was five, I watched an illegal copy of Star Wars pretty much every afternoon on the Beta Max in my parents’ living room. I loved Star Wars, LOVED IT, and please check out this unbelievably fantastic Leia getup my Grammy made for me:

leia.jpg
Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

Now, granted, this was Halloween, but I wore that Hood of Endangered Princesses until the fabric actually disintegrated off of my body, thereby displaying the Leia Underoos underneath. And God in heaven, what I would not give for any of those fashion items today. Those were totally kick ass.

Unlike…well, a lot of other things I wore during this period of my life, which were significantly less ass-kicking. Although, I have to say that now that I am looking at all these pictures, I realize that I touched upon a lot of cultures with my ensembles, much in the manner of a melting pot, if a melting pot wore plastic accessories. For example, have you ever seen someone wearing lederhosen and a lei before? Like, at the same time? Lederhosen and lei? Lei and Lederhosen? No? Liar!

lederhosen and a lei.jpg
Aloha, Bavaria!

When I was not acting as an ambassador of Hawaii, Germany, or Alderaan (I just googled that), I apparently spent my time kicking ass as the smallest member of Miami Vice:

littlest member of miami vice.jpg
You can put my car seat in the Ferrari, Tubbs.

By the time this next picture was taken, we’d moved to Atlanta, so I’m guessing I’m…nine? At any rate, by now I at least have the decency to look appalled by my all-bunny ensemble (MOM):

happy fucking easter.jpg
Happy fucking Easter! LIKE MY HEADBAND?

Around this same time:

there will be braces.jpg

Guess who got braces a week after THIS class picture was developed?

THITH GIRL!
not my best age.jpg

KITH ME, DAVID HATHELHOFF!

(And here I just have to say, O CLEAR BRACES OF OLDE, you were the lie of orthodontia. Back when I had them, clear braces were not clear. They were yellowish, and they made you look like an insane and crafty farmer had superglued a single kernel of corn to every tooth in your head. Which is maybe the epitome of “sexified” to an insane and crafty farmer, but not so much in junior high, and that dingy plastic mess postponed my first kiss for a solid five years. Or…well, okay, maybe not just the braces, but they certainly didn't help matters in the slightest.)

Sigh. Anyway, that is all I’ve got for today, but with that last picture, you can probably tell that we are beginning to enter whooooole new territories of Awkward. So gird your loins for tomorrow, and kitheth and aloha to you all!

Posted by doxie in Times I Fell Down | permalink

At least when you settled in with the photos and wine, the photographs were the only things that came from a box.

I was feeling sorry for your mom and the whole vet experience she had with Bo recently, but after seeing these pictures, I think she had it coming.

Posted by: Audrey | September 11, 2007 04:57 PM

Sweet Lord Dox! That is great. I recently had to delve into the old growing up pictures for the newly created evil wedding tradition of the "growing up slide show". On your wedding day you are supposed to be the most beautiful girl in the room. You do NOT need horrid reminders of the awkward years flashed on a screen.

Posted by: princessp | September 11, 2007 05:03 PM

I also had the clear braces. And mine were also quite yellowy. Though when I had them taken off everyone kept saying how nice and white my teeth looked. :D

My brother had a simliar obsession with Star Wars. He used to run around the house in his little jedi cloak and he made up his own song using only the words, "Return of the Jedi!"

And I'm an evil little sister that made him SING THAT SONG at his wedding last summer. Bwhahaha! You guys would have made a pretty cute couple back in 1982.

Posted by: Lani | September 11, 2007 05:04 PM

Love, love, loooove the Princess Leia picture. It's not just the outfit, but the pose! Perhaps you were also harboring a secret longing to be Vanna White? "Vanna, do we have any pumpkins?" No? Never mind.

Posted by: Linda | September 11, 2007 05:07 PM

HAAAA! Dude, Linda, where were you when I was writing captions? That is SO MUCH BETTER than mine.

Posted by: Miss Doxie | September 11, 2007 05:21 PM

Oh My Lands! (as my Granny used to say) "THISH GIRL" just pushed me over the edge, and nearly out of my seat, with laughter! I was also "thish girl" from 5th-8th grade, although not with the clear braces. I had the ubbercool metal braces and the awesome colored bands. You may have noticed by now that I'm being sarcastic. No, really? Anyway, I think it was around that time that I started smiling with my mouth closed, lest the flash go off and everyone be blinded!

Posted by: mouse | September 11, 2007 05:23 PM

at least it wasn't lederhosen and a lei on a llama in peru. that would have been über confusing.

Posted by: kat | September 11, 2007 05:39 PM

It's SOOOO good to have you back, Dox! You've been missed. My hat's off to you for your bravery in laying this all out for the world to see. Whew!

Posted by: Carol | September 11, 2007 05:59 PM

I had a like one of those to match, like, every outfit. Because the outfit was not complete without a matching. hair. accessory.

Posted by: Cam | September 11, 2007 06:19 PM

Hey, Dox. In that lederhosen pic? Is that the Travelocity gnome to your right?

Posted by: Ree | September 11, 2007 06:27 PM

hi miss doxie, this is my first time to comment but i've always kinda thought of you as my hero. now that i see you are also princess leia, i know it's true!! i am so glad your are back on with this internet thing!

Posted by: raquel | September 11, 2007 06:50 PM

Awww you are adorable!!!!!

I rilly need to post pictures of when I was a toddler (IN 1970!)

Psychedelic maaaan

Posted by: ScottsdaleGirl | September 11, 2007 07:11 PM

"Aloha, Bavaria" caused me to snort diet coke out of my nose. Thank you for humiliating yourself and causing so much joy in my day. I am forever grateful.

Posted by: Kateastrophe | September 11, 2007 07:13 PM

HAHAHAHA. These were hilarious. I love the "Kith me" particularly.

Posted by: Brillig | September 11, 2007 07:16 PM

OH, Thank God!!! You're back!!!! I'm so glad your dad is well and back at work. And the nagging? Keep it up. You're supposed to nag at dads after they've been seriously ill--it's in a rulebook or something.

And the pictures--you are a brave woman, Doxie.

Posted by: shaxgirl | September 11, 2007 07:51 PM

Looks like you got braces and discovered marijuana at the same time. What..Smile...Dude...Okay....

Posted by: Miz | September 11, 2007 07:55 PM

Love it.. I have quite a few pictures like that. lol

Posted by: Lydia | September 11, 2007 08:24 PM

I just love the way you Vanna White the hell out of that pumpkin.

Posted by: Kate | September 11, 2007 08:33 PM

Aw i think you're cute :P Especially as Princess Leia! heh.

Posted by: Heather | September 11, 2007 08:34 PM

Damn it. When will I learn to read the other comments before I post? WHEN?!

Posted by: Kate | September 11, 2007 08:36 PM

The pre-braces picture? Put frizzy brown hair and giant glasses on that, and that was totally me at about the same age. Only I didn't get braces until I was 30.

Um, yeah.

Posted by: a horrible warning | September 11, 2007 09:39 PM

Yea! I'm so glad you're back! I would check every week or so to see if there was anything new, and was beginning to worry that your dad was still sick. Glad to hear he's ok!

Posted by: Christy | September 11, 2007 09:50 PM

Oh, man, if I had the balls to do this.... one picture of me in the early 90s with the flipped-up feathery bangs, bright blue plastic glasses, and a blue polka-dot shirt comes to mind. But the idea of posting it to the internets makes me shudder.
The farmer with corn kernels made me snort a lot. Loved it.

Posted by: superblondgirl | September 11, 2007 09:54 PM

Oh, man, the BEST part of this day has been finding that your dad is ok and that you are posting again!

You have been sorely missed.

I await the story that will top the Viking Baby video.

Posted by: mbick | September 11, 2007 09:57 PM

I never comment but, I HAD that stupid shirt with the bunnies and ducks/geese on it. My mom gave it for Easter. Oh my God, horrible fashion flashbacks!!!

Posted by: Eeek | September 11, 2007 10:00 PM

Auto-flagellation by means of posting old photos is a brave, brave thing. Cathartic, but wow.

Since true confessions seem to be a theme here, I confess to having Googled you ... and then your dad (whose name I craftily deduced from contextual clues) ... along with various words I DIDN'T want to see ... looking fearfully with eyes squeezed half-shut as the results loaded ... until I was quite satisfied that you were both still with the living, and convinced the FBI would break down my door searching for the perpetrator of these strange searches. Email, though tempting, seemed too openly invasive (apparently I prefer covert invasion).

At any rate, my dad thanks you for the stepped-up visit frequency he and my mom have been enjoying ever since my imagination ran amok. So thankful for the happy ending. May DoxieDad and the ExtendedDoxieClan (Extended+Doxie=redundant?) enjoy abundant years of jocularity!

Posted by: Janice | September 11, 2007 10:04 PM

Oh, CRAP. I think I just cracked a rib laughing at that, especially the school picture that made your parents get you braces. I have one like that, plus I look like a little thug who's trying to mask it with the cute, plastic barrett placed in my hair just so! God, now I'm inspired to go back through all my pictures to relive the horror...THE HORROR!!!!

Posted by: Jessica | September 11, 2007 10:43 PM

You are rockin the swatch watch.

Posted by: Kelly | September 11, 2007 10:58 PM

Atleast your mom could part your hair straight....looks like my mom had more than a few glasses of wine when she fixed my hair for pictures...I also have quite a few of these kind of pics in hiding somewhere

Posted by: Amy | September 11, 2007 11:14 PM

Laughing out loud & am helpless to explain it to the husband. Hysterical! So glad you're back!

Posted by: Shawnee | September 12, 2007 12:01 AM

YAY! You're BAAAAACK!! YAY!!!! Lucy sends Doxie wags. :)

Posted by: Melissa O in NYC | September 12, 2007 02:01 AM

Yes ... but you had a SWATCH WATCH.

Posted by: Kristin | September 12, 2007 03:11 AM

Or, perhaps you were foreshadowing Heidi Klum with an auf wiedersehen Oahu?

Posted by: Boulder | September 12, 2007 05:58 AM

See, now, knowing how gorgeous you are currently and seeing these painful pictures from your past gives me hope that I, too, may someday outgrow my awkward phase.

I mean, sure, I'm already 36, but YOU NEVER KNOW. It could happen.

Posted by: Mir | September 12, 2007 07:41 AM

Doxie Doxie Doxie....thank fucking christ you are back. I was going insane without my daily/weekly update from the doxlands...and yes little miss i found myself wondering if mr doxie was doing okay...glad your back.
I have to say I was a 80's child, so the fluro slouch socks, lycra pants and way out hair were my embarrassing faux pas of fashions

Posted by: nanajud | September 12, 2007 07:48 AM

Haa.. At age 5 I too used to watch Return of the Jedi on Beta (that we taped off one of the movie channels) over and over and over. And over and over. That and Gremlins.. hmm.. And also, I'm a little disappointed that you had to Google to find Alderaan. ;)

Anyways, glad you're back and TYPING again.

Posted by: Erin | September 12, 2007 08:19 AM

The headband picture is awesome! I wore the same kind in a different color, and I kept taking it out, putting it back in, because it sat at the back of my head, like yours! lol! I had a perm and bad teeth then also. The perm was done by my mom. I happened to have just watched some footage of those years in childhood "us" videos with my boyfriend the other week. I had a lot of awkwardness in those years...and he saw it all! lol.

Posted by: Alicia | September 12, 2007 08:40 AM

"KITH ME, DAVID HATHELHOFF!" - - HAAAAHAHA!

That totally made my morning. Also, do I spy SHOULDER PADS in that sweater? Those limp little shoulder pads that were built into EVERYTHING?! Man, these kids today have no idea how good they have it...

Posted by: jive turkey | September 12, 2007 08:55 AM

You still make me laugh the most.

Posted by: Em | September 12, 2007 09:01 AM

Man, the "Happy Easter" picture is so close to bershon, I can almost feel the onslaught of bershon photos coming in the near future. Am I correct?

Posted by: Andrea | September 12, 2007 09:10 AM

Yay! So glad you're back! I, like many others, was worried that there were terrible things going on in Miss Doxie's life. I prayed 'n' shit! For you! Whom I don't even know! That's how worried we all were! Sorry for the guilt-inducing exclamation points!

Posted by: Michelle | September 12, 2007 09:38 AM

Thank you for coming back to the internets. We missed you!

Posted by: Andrea | September 12, 2007 10:23 AM

You are brave. I am in awe of your willingness to display the family secrets of being awkward on the innernets.

Posted by: Taylor | September 12, 2007 10:57 AM

Despite the CRAP, I missed you greatly! I love the caption for the Easter picture. LOL

I'm glad you're back and your dad is well.

Posted by: Stacy | September 12, 2007 11:30 AM

You don't know from bad fashions unless you grew up in the seventies. One word: Polyester.

I do feel for ya on the yellow braces though. In the vernacular of my people, 'That just ain't right to do to a child'.

Posted by: Contrary | September 12, 2007 11:30 AM

I am so GLAD that I can stop sacrificing virgins to assure the return of Miss Doxie! I was concerned that Bo wasn't getting his share!

Welcome back Miss Doxie. Those pictures made me remember some of MY awkward moments - the poodle skirt seems to have come to mind and STUCK. And the pedal pushers (bet you don't remember THEM) with the 2" wide vertical (thank goodness) yellow, black and white stripes! HORRORS!?

In any event, thank goodness you are back. I will imbibe a suitable quaff of Corbett Canyon chardonnay tonight in your honor and give special hugs to Zeus (the 75# pit bull mix who thinks he is a lap dog) and Harley (the lickiest corgi mix on Planet Earth) and tell them the hugs are from YOU!

Posted by: Gayle Miller | September 12, 2007 12:08 PM

LOL!! I loved Princess Leia too growing up. I had the action figure.

Posted by: Kari | September 12, 2007 12:44 PM

Yay! You're back. And yes, the pics are a wonderful way to say sorry. That's okay - I looked like that too. And tell more doggie stories soon please!

Posted by: Heather | September 12, 2007 12:46 PM

Oh, Dox, you don't know how easy you had it. You weren't wearing glasses. In the UK, if you couldn't or wouldn't pay lots of money for your kid's glasses, you had the wonder that is the NHS specs. These were issued by the National Health Service, and were essentially free for kids. And behold:
I had them in coral pink.

Posted by: Aine | September 12, 2007 01:04 PM

Princess Leia? Stormtrooper? How about Daddy's little KKK angel?

Great to have you back on the innernets. I can now forgive Al Gore for inventing them, introducing you to the blogging world, then taking you away from us.

Any doxie drawings in our future?

A fan from Vancouver, BC

Posted by: Alison A. | September 12, 2007 01:06 PM

There is a very similar picture of me as Princess Leia floating around somewhere, but I had longer hair, so I look even sillier. Also, horrible, traumatizing braces and bad hair photos from seventh grade.

So glad you're back :)

Posted by: bad penguin | September 12, 2007 01:15 PM

Glad you're back! And glad your dad is doing better!

I love your site! If you have time, maybe you could check out my blog. I don't fall down as often as you do, but I have superglued my foot to my shoe!

Posted by: The Punk Blogger | September 12, 2007 01:20 PM

Haaa!!!! Oh Doxie, you have just made my day! I kid you not, every day since the internet broke up with you (bastard!), I have checked to see if maybe, just maybe, you were back. (am not crazy and obsessive. really! not scary!) When I finally gave up hope two days ago, you posted!

Anyway, so glad to hear things with your dad are okay--you had us worried! And I am LURVING Project:CRAP. Makes me feel a little bit better about the similar photos I have floating around my parents' house.

Posted by: Kathryn | September 12, 2007 01:24 PM

Ok, I only found your site a few months ago, but have to say welcome back, glad your dad is ok, and omg you make me laugh so hard!

Posted by: Traci | September 12, 2007 01:25 PM

Two days, two posts? *faints from joy*

You are so brave to post those pix. To this day when I think of the gigantic plastic glasses and the metal braces and the scrawniness and the enormous sweatshirts and leggings...DIOS MIO. I was not an attractive child. No I was not.

Posted by: missbanshee | September 12, 2007 01:34 PM

You have nothing to complain about because at least your clothes were STORE BOUGHT! I went to the first day of kindergarten in a kelly green/white PLAID, DOUBLE KNIT POLYESTER PANTSUIT!!! that my mother made herself.

Oh, and I had braces from 6th grade until after I graduated.

I'm so happy you are back!

Posted by: Linda | September 12, 2007 02:32 PM

Welcome back! I know I am late to jump on this particular bandwagon, but I am so happy that your daddy is doing well. And on a personal note... I get compliments upon compliments on the dragonfly necklace from your shop. Thank you!
The new posts are awesome... "Aloha, Bavaria" will be my new greeting when I answer the phone.
Much love and clear braces,
S

Posted by: suzanna danna | September 12, 2007 02:56 PM

Yaaaay! Welcome back!

Also, my three year old is equally obsessed w/ star wars as you were. And puppies. She sings the star wars them song like a pup... ruf ruf ruf ruf rruuuuf rruuuuuf rruf.... Oh, boy!

Posted by: sylvias_mommy | September 12, 2007 02:59 PM

Lawlz. Love the Vanna White comment!! XD Funny.

Posted by: Emzy | September 12, 2007 04:03 PM

Dear Miss Doxie,

Thank you so, so much for posting less-than-perfect pictures of your younger self. For some reason it comforts me to know that you were not always so effortlessly flawless looking.

Also, welcome back to the Internet! It was lonely without you. We are all glad you are typing here again.

Plus, give our love to your dad! Tell him we are glad that he is recovering and hope he doesn't ever have any more health scares for ever and ever, the end.

Finally, I have a somewhat more plaintive comment. I miss Anna Beth Chao. I miss the Chairman and Camp Chao. I miss Chao Camp II, The Campening. I miss Mad. I even miss Bad, Bad Joey Chao. I miss the time when she put the dead goldfish behind the wheels of her husband's car and told him to go get BBQ for her ("Baby, go get me some barbecue,") and then
reproached him for killing the fish. I miss all of it.

Apparently she's given up hashai and how only occasionally posts pics of herself and her thrift store acquisitions on Flickr. And she moved to L.A. or some such nonsense? What the hell?

Miss Doxie, I beg you, for you are a kind a good Doxie (and BACK! back on the internet where I can pester you!) could you invite AB over for a guest post?

If not, could you maybe give us an update on how she's doing?

I ask you so boldly because I know that y'all were friends and even met in person, at a party where someone threw up in the sink and then refused to admit to it. That means you're close, right? Or were at one time? Close enough to get her to give you permission to update her fans on her behalf?

Thank you, Miss Doxie. You are the cousin for me.

Posted by: victoria | September 12, 2007 04:14 PM

Oh dear! I had one of those Scrunchie Headbands too. Actually several. In colors to match my favorite outfits, naturally. Suffice it to say that sallow, mousey-haired 11-year-olds should not wear teal tank-tops and teal-purple-and-electric-blue scrunchie-headbands. With gigantic, black-framed, coke-bottle glasses.

You have an advantage; while we are approximately the same age (30) because you didn't have glasses, your little-kid pictures are strikingly less dated. The one with the yellow tee-shirt could be any little girl of today, whereas mine from that era feature a scrawny, pigtailed lass with the kind of glasses that Olive from "Little Miss Sunshine" peered through. Yikers!

Posted by: MichelleD | September 12, 2007 04:34 PM

I was smiling quietly until I got to, "Kith me David Hathelhoff"... then I laughed so loudly I scared my child.

Posted by: Kristin | September 12, 2007 05:06 PM

Were you perhaps as much a fan of Sixteen Candles as of Star Wars? Because I'm thinking the right side of your hair in the KITH ME, DAVID HATHELHOFF picture is eerily reminiscient of Jake's girlfriend (here, let me Google that for you: Caroline Mulford) after she got drunk and got her hair stuck in the door jamb when Jake wouldn't speak to her or open the door and Jami Gertz cut a chunk of her hair off for her. Also: how my hair looks pretty much every day.

Posted by: Laurabelle | September 12, 2007 05:22 PM

Miss Doxie, so glad you're back! Love the photos!

Posted by: Lori | September 12, 2007 06:09 PM

First of all, welcome back! My days can now be brighter once again!

Second, wonderful pictures and commentary, it was hysterical. I too have a great pre-braces picture of me at age 10 with my grandfather, grandmother and parents on the occasion of my grandfather's 90th birthday (yes, he was old). My teeth were all crooked and I had on a blue hairband and a fancy little blue dress of some sort.

Posted by: Mauigirl | September 12, 2007 07:29 PM

>Dukay: Oh, yeah, because THAT doesn’t sound like a trap AT ALL

BWAH HA HA HA HAAA!!!

Tell El Dukay I missed him, too. :o)

While your headband is indeed awesome, at least you were not simultaneously sporting the "hang ten" bangs. YOU KNOW the ones I mean!!!

Posted by: McKate | September 12, 2007 09:27 PM

Your StarWars costume is Oh So Much cooler than the one I wore. My big brother got to be Luke and wear his Karate Gi.

Me?

R2D2, certainly the coolest character.

Unless your costume involves being put in a cardboard box with an upside down metal collander on your head.

Posted by: Amie | September 12, 2007 09:53 PM

Welcome back Leigh! I'm so glad to hear your dad is feeling better. I totally had the same swatch watch. We are the same age (I turned 30 in Feb) so I can identify with all the awkward pics. We sure had ugly clothes and big hair back in the middle school years.

Posted by: Monica | September 12, 2007 10:03 PM

LOVE the acid wash ones. Hilarious! I know I have some of those too!

Posted by: Angel | September 13, 2007 05:27 PM

Awww! Look at the little Ziz socky feet next to Princess Leia!

Posted by: mommamack | September 13, 2007 06:29 PM

I am late to the bandwagon, too, but I must join your adoring crowds of fans and say WELCOME BACK! We missed you like all heck. And add me to the group of Google stalkers who were somehow too somehow too shy to actually mail you .

So glad you that you, your dad, Dukay, your mom and Ziz are okay, and that the doxies are doxie-ing along as usual (yay Bo!).

And finally, I second Victoria: please drag AB Chao back to the Innernets!

Posted by: ysabelkid | September 14, 2007 07:22 AM

HEE. I, too, fostered a mad crush on Michael Knight back in the day. YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN YOUR SHAME.

Is that a Swatch Watch in the one picture?

The Princess Leia outfit is aces. Proto-nerd that I was, my Star Wars Halloween costume was C-3PO. Not a princess, me.

Posted by: Noel | September 27, 2007 02:03 AM