« Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! And Other Crap | Main | Momma Tried »

Who's Bored?

June 02, 2007

So, if you are in Atlanta. And are bored. And would like to drink and eat to your heart's content and listen to good music and have it all be for a good cause and I am getting KIND OF SICK of doing nothing but plugging shit over here, but I am on some Board of this charity thing and tonight is our party and you should come and hang out in the corner with me and smoke cigarettes and drink wine in a sneakified manner.

Learn more here! Cookie and I are both "hosts," and have spent our afternoon setting up. And now, we are sitting in my den, having a dinner of (a) potato chips, and (b) peanut butter filled pretzels, purchased gleefully at the CVS. We are not planning on showering! WE ARE SO PSYCHED.

Anyway, if you have twenty five bucks, and want to hang out with me and 300 of my nearest and dearest, come on down! I will even buy you a free beer.

And, P.S.: Cookie is going to murder me for not yet posting her story, so I am going to try to do that tomorrow. There were geese! Deadly ones! Seriously, it happens.

Anyway. Y'all please come visit me; I plan on being kind of endearingly tipsy. Not that there's any shock there, honestly.

Wish I was anywhere near Atlanta right now! But since Houston isn't close to you, I'll just have my own glass of wine and toast your endeavors. If they need toasting, that is.

Posted by: Pley | June 2, 2007 05:32 PM

I NEED TOASTING! Also, toast. All we've had to eat are all these potato chips.

(Cookie adds: People, why does she only have mustard in her refrigerator? She is not kidding about that.)

Posted by: miss doxie | June 2, 2007 05:57 PM

I'll have a glass of wine too and toast to your successful evening up here in Montreal.Cheers to you both! Let us know how it went :)

Posted by: Valerie | June 2, 2007 06:16 PM

I, too, am not in Atlanta , *however* I shall join the others in a glass of wine and toast to Doxie and Cookie. Is this good cause something we may know about?

Posted by: Linda | June 2, 2007 06:29 PM

That is great! If I weren't already in my nightgown, and 2 glasses of wine gone, I would totally be there. Have fun!
Linda- Basically the Path Foundation has converted old unused rail lines into paved bike and walking paths. It is awesome. The Silver Comet Trail, named for the passenger train that ran the route, is suppose to eventually run from Atlanta all the way to Birmingham, Alabama. That's what I heard years ago anyway. There are sections all over Atlanta and I think in other states as well.

Posted by: mackmomma | June 2, 2007 09:58 PM

Ah, would that Arizona were closer to Atlanta! But still, I raise a glass of Cap'n Morgan and bow to the East in your honor. Arrrrgghhh, Maties!

Posted by: Sharon | June 2, 2007 09:59 PM

Damn. If I were any closer than North Carolina, I'd be there. Maybe even with bells on! But maybe not. And while everyone else is toasting you two with wine, I shall honor you with peanut butter pretzles!

Posted by: mouse | June 2, 2007 10:01 PM

I am in Atlanta, but I just got back home from a Georgia Force Arena Football game. I did have a drink, but it was definitely not for a charitable cause. Unless I am, unbeknownst to me, a charity.

Posted by: Bevvy | June 2, 2007 10:44 PM

Geese are mean. Really.

Posted by: AthenaMuze | June 3, 2007 12:32 AM

wow. All unknowingly, I was toasting you last night with Smirnoff! Which I would totally have shared if you had been up here in Maine with me. mk

Posted by: markira | June 3, 2007 10:39 AM

Yes, the geese. They are terrifying!

Posted by: elise | June 3, 2007 11:08 AM

Yes! I would totally be there too, if I weren't in Florida. Guess I'll just have to toast you from down here.

Wait, did you post this yesterday? Am I late again, as usual? Oh well, I'll still toast you anyway!

Also, geese suck. They're mean and dirty, and once an entire gaggle of them chased me into my apartment and then milled about outside my door like some feathered Mafia, waiting for me to emerge. But I got them. I did NOT go back out! Ha!

Posted by: Suzy Q | June 3, 2007 03:02 PM

Here in the San Francisco bay area, we were toasting your event with sake and tempura. But I had to tell you about this tasty treat I found in Napa a couple of weeks ago. They had taken those peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets, dipped them in chocolate, and rolled them in english toffee bits. Mmmmmmmm.

Posted by: Carol | June 3, 2007 09:10 PM

Dammit, I missed the party! Aw, heck, I raise a toast to you, yours, and good causes from Knoxville a day late and you know the rest....

I think I'll just rustle up a batch of Carol's new and improved peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets because I do believe, in the words of Shirley Corridan (I think that's right): Wretched excess is just barely enough.

Posted by: Margaret | June 3, 2007 10:34 PM

Geese are indeed nasty buggers.
They are not, however, any kind of a match against the mighty-mighty dachshund. I know this for a fact, from personal experience, even ::nods::
I think you should introduce Bo to Geese.
Geese would flee!

Posted by: Momcat | June 3, 2007 11:04 PM

Too bad I'm not in Alanta!! Have fun!

Posted by: Amie | June 4, 2007 09:32 AM

oh don't get me started about the geese. they are plentiful and shockingly huge. like the size of a toddler. no wait. bigger than a toddler. they are the size of a grown man! with grown man sized poops that they leave hither and yon. they are dreadful. boo geese.

Posted by: honestyrain | June 4, 2007 10:04 AM

I spent the night in juvenile detention in Atlanta once. I should've come. I'd be interested to see how grownup jail compares.

Posted by: S. Weasel | June 4, 2007 01:39 PM

Alas, I am a day late and in the wrong state! Raising a glass in your honor in Maine...Can't wait to hear the story about the geese.

Posted by: Leesavee | June 4, 2007 03:34 PM

So, as it happened, I was in Atlanta. On Saturday. And I actually hung my head out of windows in driving through certain areas of town looking for very tiny, adorable, blonde women with small dogs in hopes of seeing you. Unfortunately, I was performing at another fundraiser at the very same time you were hosting yours. And so my sadness continues.

(Also, Mouse has no excuse since there was a wad of ppl from NC in Atlanta. And she even knows one of them)

Posted by: Pave.Gurl | June 4, 2007 06:38 PM

My bad - different NC Mouse! Who knew there was more than one?!

Posted by: Pave.Gurl | June 4, 2007 06:40 PM

Am flying to Atlanta RIGHT NOW.

or.... maybe only wishing so.

Posted by: shy me | June 4, 2007 10:13 PM

Oh man! Wish I could have been there. Had $25 hot in my pocket and would have loved to see a good shit plugging by Miss Doxie.

Oh I crack myself up.

x's
~Shano

Posted by: Shano | June 6, 2007 12:52 AM

Damn! I am in Atlanta (well, not technically Atlanta, but ITP), but Carrisa and Lizarita only just today made me start reading your blog.

Have another shindig! :)

Posted by: Liza | June 7, 2007 10:49 AM

True story: I was getting ready this morning? And put on some cool brownish lip gloss, which tasted like tootsie rolls. I thought that was odd, so i looked at the package. "Cocoa Cabana" was the same, so it made sense...and then I got Copacabana stuck in my head, and I remembered that I hadn't checked Miss Doxie's site in a while!

Did you know her name was Lola? Did you know she was a showgirl?

Posted by: erin | June 7, 2007 02:35 PM

Thanks guys im singing the song right now.....and what is more shocking is my arse is moving to the beat...well im in little australia so i can't make it but i'm toasting you with my big ole glass of wine, well the bottle is glass so it counts as one glass doesn't it?

Posted by: nanajud | June 9, 2007 02:47 AM

Though I may be late, I toast you with Fruit By The Foot.

I just got back from a flight to China, and somehow Copacabana got on my iPod.. I probably downloaded it right after I read your site a loooong time ago X)

Annnd... now it's in my head again. And now I've gotta listen to it on iTunes, because during the chorus, I LUV the girls in the background going "Coooopa!" or "Cabaaaaana," or maybe even now and then a trilling little "Here!" It's, like, my favorite part of the whole song. And I don't know why.

And on the flight, I finished ME TALK PRETTY ONE DAY, (No clue how to italicise or underline or anything without the little buttons, so I'll caps lock instead. Sorry..) so now I'm gonna go reread your "With So Many Apologies To David Sedaris," because I totally forgot what it was about. And probably laugh, because I'll finally understand.

Posted by: Emily | June 9, 2007 04:26 AM

Love your blog!

Posted by: tkkerouac | June 10, 2007 08:02 PM

Dude. Why can't I be in Atlanta? I need someone to watch the premiere of Big Love with me! WHY CAN'T YOU EVER TRAVEL TO NEW JERSEY, DAMNIT!? Oh yeah, no one actually travels to New Jersey...

Posted by: rsm | June 11, 2007 08:03 PM

Is it just my computer, or is the entry under "Who's Bored?" completely blank? My comp has been screwing up lately, so... :/ I dunno.

Posted by: Emily | June 11, 2007 11:24 PM