« Also Cookie Was Almost Killed By A Gaggle of Geese, But We'll Talk About That Later. | Main | With So Many Apologies To David Sedaris »

Things That Have Entertained Me Recently

May 02, 2007

1. My cable box. (Which...you know. Of course. Because hardware is so frequently entertaining.) Specifically, the abbreviations my cable box uses when you go to the "What's On!" (it is enthusiastic! Let's see What's On! We're gonna watch us some television!) menu, and even more specifically, the "What's On!" listing for TBS, which, last night, was showing Everybody Loves Raymond, followed by Sex and the City, followed by My Wife and Kids. Except each show was only half an hour, and that much title just doesn't fit into that little "What's On!" box, and so instead, TBS's listing read, "Everybody Loves Sex And My Wife And Kids." And I was like, aw, TBS! Your whole family is engaging in promiscuous sexual behavior! Even the kids! That's probably why you drink.

1(a). Another offering from my cable box: "John Tesh Live at Red Rocks," happily shortened to "John Tesh Rocks". And I nodded gravely and said, "Of course he does, TBS. Of course he does. Here, have some more whiskey."

2. The fact that, after many years of furrowed brow and narrowed eyeballs, I have finally managed to put my Significant Concerns Regarding FedEx into words, which occurred in an email I sent to a friend in California, which explains as follows:

I am always kind of skeptical of Fed Ex, and when I am sending packages to California, I am all, "It is 5 p.m. in Atlanta, and you are going to have my package to California by tomorrow? I FEEL THAT IS NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE, FED EX." And then it works out, and I am left with additional support for my theory, which is named "How Fed Ex Has Actually Mastered The Art Of Teleportation But Is Keeping It Secret From Us, Well Played, Fed Ex."

3. That picture of Gimmme sleeping from the last entry, because it reminded me of this story, which I am pretty sure I have never told here. Except maybe I have. I don't remember, but here we go anyway!

About six years ago, when Gimmme was just a little guy, I got home from a party with my Then-Boyfriend at around 1 in the morning. I was putting the dogs out, when I picked up Mister Gimmme and discovered this weird, smooshy lump on his belly, which had not been there before we’d left. I freaked out accordingly, insisting that Then-Boyfriend take us to the emergency vet now, NOWNOWNOW. And so off we went, with him in a tux, and me in a cocktail dress and kind of uncomfortable shoes, and me also possibly having consumed one or two cocktails. Or ten. None of this bodes well for Crisis Management.

We got to the emergency vet, and I went running up to the front desk with a happily wagging Gimmme, who remained wholly undisturbed by the entirety of these events. I, however, being very disturbed, promptly shrieked out, “Look! LUMP!” to the receptionist. Turns out, though, that she did not share in my horror, and she calmly explained that, actually, it was not the Insta-Tumor I was envisioning, but instead, just a bug bite. She said they could drain it so it wouldn’t be uncomfortable, but that, you know. Maybe they would have me sit a few minutes in the waiting room, so they could deal with animals in Actual Official Crises, and not just Animals With Bug Bites and Their Hysterical People In Cocktail Attire.

So, I settled down in a little plastic chair, and picked up the latest edition of Highlights for Children (Gallant sucks!), and began the painstaking process of trying to find all of the missing shit in that hidden picture thing. Now, it was the middle of the night, and Mister Gimmme was pretty exhausted. So he fell asleep. And he did so in Gimmme's favorite position - across my lap, on his back, with his head dangling over my knees, mouth hanging open, and feet poking straight up in the air. In short, looking just like the picture in that last entry, and precisely like a dog who is (1) extremely dead, and (2) fully embracing the later stages of rigor mortis.

When I arrived at the vet, the waiting room had been empty, so I didn't realize that this was the image being conveyed until people started arriving, hauling Buster or Boots or whomever in by a leash and looking disheveled, hollering, "He ate ALL of the children's vitamins! ALL OF THEM!" in a tone of great hysteria, before becoming veeeeeeeeery quiet when they saw me, all decked out in formal wear and enjoying my Highlights, with a week-dead dachshund splayed across my lap. Suddenly, they started speaking in hushed tones, like, "Um, excuse me. Mister Buster seems to have consumed all of the Flintstone family, as well as their neighbors. If it is not too much trouble, I would like to make sure that activity does not lead to death, as it seems to have done to that small dog over there on the crazy lady's knees."

Children, who had presumably been having a gay old time feeding Buster all of those Fred and Wilmas, would wander over in curiosity, only to be snatched by concerned parents who whispered, "Don't go near THAT dog." For about twenty minutes, the entire room sat suspended in extreme, palpable discomfort, with nobody able to look away from the Faces of Death playing out across my cocktail dress. Meanwhile, I just kept on calmly reading my Highlights, while then-boyfriend (AND WE WONDER WHY HE IS NOW "THEN"-BOYFRIEND) squirmed in fatal, horrible embarrassment by my side.

Someone did tentatively ask me what was, you know. Wrong with my dead dog. And because I had enjoyed ten (okay, fifteen) cocktails, and that makes me think I am funny, I responded that, well! He just hasn't been eating. Or going to the bathroom. Or moving at all, actually, for days, and also, he smelled funny, and it was getting totally annoying. To emphasize my point, I poked at Gimmme's little feet (which you can do to Gimmme while he is sleeping, because Gimmme can sleep through ALL THINGS, including major explosions or reconstructive surgery), and his little legs would bend, and then immediately snap back to sleeping position. People gasped in shock; Then-Boyfriend cursed under his breath and went outside to smoke a cigarette and ESCAPE FROM SELF. I am sure we cannot imagine why.

1. Gimmme immediately shot straight up in the air; and

As Gimmme scrambled to an upright position and I picked his waggy self up to get his bug bite drained, I looked cluelessly at everyone else, all, "What? He's got a bug bite. Hope Buster is okay!" And off we went. And shortly thereafter, Boyfriend became Then-Boyfriend. I certainly have no idea why, but it probably has nothing to do with the fact that I am batshit insane.

The End. Anyway, that picture is funny to me because of that. Now we know!

4. The "Tags" function on Flickr, which turns out to be a goldmine for comedy. I am sure that my newest additions will make a computer weep somewhere, but I don't care, as it remains hilarious to me. And that is what is important. To me.

And, that is kind of all for right now. I am all revved up to tell y'all the story of Cookie and the Geese (a phrase which my mind will not stop singing, either to the tune of "Benny and the Jets" or "Beauty and the Beast." Both work. You are welcome!), and Cookie and I even photographed a reenactment of the event, but I haven't had a chance to photoshop them all into Coherence yet. So, that will be coming up. In the meantime, I am going to a wedding this weekend, for which I have purchased a total of three dresses, because it is Fancy. And we will all hope that nobody has to go to the emergency vet while I'm wearing them, because Lord knows. That just does not end well for anybody. And especially not for the Flintstones.

P.S. Oh, I forgot! Actually, one more thing has amused me recently.

borolleyesbig-1.jpg
Now Bo An Angry Teenager. ROLL EYES. Family SO STUPID.

Heee. Poor Bo. He lives a life of misery.

Kisses to all of y'all, and have a good rest-of-the-week!

Posted by doxie in The Innernet | permalink

Fabulous. You know, my dog used to sleep the same way, but snore at the same time. He was, as I'm sure you've gathered, the Image of Class.

Posted by: Chryseis | May 3, 2007 04:36 AM

It is four in the morning here, and all the snorts, squeals and coughs that I've been unable to repress imagining your ex-dog on your lap have woken up the household.

Generally, I won't read your posts until there's another, more recent one up as well that I can keep in reserve. I lost control. Sigh.

Posted by: Janice | May 3, 2007 07:00 AM

God, I hate Gallant too. And, I wish I could sleep like Gimmme.

Posted by: Fairly Odd Mother | May 3, 2007 07:08 AM

Hahahaha - great story.

Posted by: theotherbear | May 3, 2007 07:59 AM

May I say, Doxie, that I you? In a totally non-creepy way of course. Really. There just cannot be enough Doxie writing in my life!

Posted by: Linda | May 3, 2007 08:36 AM

Love your tags.

Posted by: Susan | May 3, 2007 08:52 AM

OMG! I LURVE on Gimmme. I will admit that among your dogs, Gimmme is my favorite. Hey, they're not my dogs or cats, so I can have a favorite.

Posted by: Mrs.Mga | May 3, 2007 09:22 AM

"Finally, someone popped into the waiting room and said, "Gimmme?" At which point I put down my Highlights and, before the closely-watching crowd, clapped my hands. This caused two things to happen:

1. Gimmme immediately shot straight up in the air; and
2. A man sitting across from us literally SCREAMED, because HOLY SHIT, THAT DOG IS NOT DEAD."

This quoted section is yet another reminder to me not to read your site while drinking my morning coffee!!

Posted by: Lydia | May 3, 2007 09:25 AM

When I had DirecTV I used to love the way they abbreviated things in the onscreen guide thingy by lopping off the end and sticking some ellipses on. I particularly loved that Little House on the Prairie showed up as "Little Ho..." Every time I saw it I'd giggle a little bit. Little Ho on the Prairie!

Posted by: Daisy | May 3, 2007 09:36 AM

1. Gimmme immediately shot straight up in the air; and

While reading that - water shot out my nose and I almost choked on pound cake! That is awesome!!!

Thanks for the Thursday laugh!

Posted by: Diane | May 3, 2007 09:41 AM

Oh my Lord!

*snort*

*gasp*

Must remember to read Doxie posts when I am not trying to be all secretive at work.

I thought I was going to implode!

Too funny about Gimmme & the vet. That is so something that my husband and I would do if any of our critters would ever comply.

Posted by: Ann | May 3, 2007 09:54 AM

OMG Leigh - your post today is a perfect example of WHY THEY SHOULD NOT GIVE US LAPTOPS WITH ACCESS TO THE INTERNETS IN COURT. I about died trying not to laugh out loud. So, when is the Miss Doxie book going to happen?

Posted by: Rebecca | May 3, 2007 10:01 AM

Hey, I live in California! And a certain little someone has been *teasing me mercilessly* with promises of a package for...a while now! Probably just a coincidence (~heavy sigh~).

Posted by: catherino | May 3, 2007 10:04 AM

Catherino, you will be AMAZED to know that your package WENT OUT TODAY.

Seriously! IN THE MAIL! For reasons too stupid to list, it had to be packed and re-packed FOUR TIMES, but, dude. IN THE MAIL! HA HA HA HA!

I feel like I have actually accomplished something hugely significant, and not just "put a label on a box."

Posted by: Miss Doxie | May 3, 2007 10:45 AM

NO WAY! You made my day :)

Posted by: catherino | May 3, 2007 11:00 AM

Gallant does suck, and thank you for saying so. I always wanted Goofus to beat his candy ass.

FedEx also totally freaks me out...every morning at my office IN PENNSYLVANIA we get a package from our office IN SANTA MONICA that left their office at 8PM EST the night before. That's just not right.

Also freaking my shit out lately: Dolphins. They are not cute, they are SMART FISH (mammals or no), and that is just ten types of scary to me.

Posted by: jive turkey | May 3, 2007 11:25 AM

I am glad I am not alone in this Gallant thing. Always wanted to hump Goofus, not to mention those sexy Timbertoes.

Posted by: june cutoff cash | May 3, 2007 11:30 AM

I just love it when Google Reader tells me there's a new Doxie post!

(I am also glad to know I'm not the only one who is "batshit insane".)

Posted by: Kate | May 3, 2007 12:05 PM

For some reason, Gimmme always reminds me of Drew Carey.

Posted by: mom on a wire | May 3, 2007 12:11 PM

See I sang it to "Pinky and the Brain". :)

Posted by: Scottsdale Girl | May 3, 2007 01:18 PM

I haven't even finished reading your post but I had to chime in about fedex before I forgot. I can't figure out how they do it either. They are just awesome like that.

I had one of their salespeople come to our office unannounced one day and I ended up on this tirade about how much I love fedex and how much UPS sucks and are always total unhelpful.
He almost hired me on the spot!

UPS does not yet have the power to teleport packages. They have managed to harness the power of a**holeness somehow...

Posted by: katie | May 3, 2007 02:06 PM

I was envisioning that whole story playing out in Doxie-Cartoon-Vision.

HOLY SHIT, THAT DOG IS NOT DEAD! Awesome.

You know, "Gimmme & The Vet" can be sung to "Bennie and the Jets" as well. And I'm going to be singing that for the rest of the day.

I bet Then-Boyfriend and Gallant are tight, yo.

Posted by: JennyM | May 3, 2007 02:07 PM

I think it was wise to make Then-Boyfriend a Then, he just missed too much.

I really wish I hadn't combined your two suggested tunes in my head, they were memorable enough on their own, but now that they've morphed into one tune I'm certain it will never leave.

Posted by: jennie | May 3, 2007 02:08 PM

My dog Shadow used to sleep in my lap like that when he was a puppy. He still tries it now, but at 125 pounds, that's a little more than my lap can take. He doesn't mind though, he just squishes me on the floor like "ahh...you are comfy pillow".

And the "Cookie and the Geese" song is getting mixed up in my head. So far, I've sung "Cookie and the Jets" and "Benny and the Beast" and "Benny and the Geese". I'm sure it won't be long before I just start making up words. Why yes, I'm blonde, why do you ask?

Posted by: mouse | May 3, 2007 03:28 PM

What's entertaining me right now: I was looking at the dog pictures and closed the window when a co-worker came by to talk to me. He left and I turned around to a tab on the bottom that said, "Pooping? Possibly on flickr." Ha!

Posted by: Kim | May 3, 2007 04:06 PM

Then-boyfreinds suck.

Posted by: Louly | May 3, 2007 04:44 PM

So I've been reading your blog for a while and am finally delurking to tell you I think you are one of the funniest writers eva. I've got my 2 year old asleep on my lap and I had to literally cover my mouth because I was laughing so hard.

I totally want to come dogsit your pooches and also go out with you for cocktails. Fun times!!

Posted by: ~aj~ | May 3, 2007 05:11 PM

Cookie is person? Cookie is dog? You couldn't have gotten a new doxie and not told us? No, you wouldn't do that...

Posted by: The Hag | May 3, 2007 05:31 PM

Cookie is neither person nor dog; she a LAWYER. Also, my BFF. Y'all can see her in all her prettiness up in the flickr pages.

Posted by: Doxie | May 3, 2007 05:45 PM

I was JUST talking about Fedex the other day with a friend and we came up with the same theory. How else can a package leave Los Angeles and end up in Dubai 48 hours later?

Fascinating. Or else I'm just really bored.

Posted by: CMC | May 3, 2007 05:58 PM

Oh, Leigh! How HYSTERICAL! My Doxie Diva Lucy likes to play statue. She gets in a "point" pose and then freezes. WON'T move for anything... except c-h-e-e-s-e!

Melissa

Posted by: Melissa O in NYC | May 3, 2007 07:08 PM

Whew. Finally able to take a breath. Ow.

Laughed hysterically for several minutes and closed my eyes so tightly that I saw PLAID.

Posted by: Dr. Beads | May 3, 2007 07:31 PM

Oh my...I was laughing out loud literally when I was reading this. Luckily I'm home alone so no one is wondering about my sanity!

Our dog Diva (yes, her name and her personality) sleeps in the Gimme position all the time.

Posted by: Mauigirl52 | May 3, 2007 08:20 PM

It's so good to see you back!

I love the pic "spent" of dead pose Gimme!
You should send the pic to cuteoverload and let the rest of the world share in the adorableness of the doxies!

Posted by: christa | May 3, 2007 11:51 PM

OMG, Miss Doxie, I so love your posts. SO. Freaking. Funny. Write more, wouldja? Please?! :)

Posted by: Zee | May 4, 2007 12:46 AM

Gallant is an insufferable prat. Goofus always looked like fun to me.

Posted by: Gretchen | May 4, 2007 02:54 AM

"Excuse Gimmme while he run to Idaho to get potato!"
Your wieners and wiener commentary, is a better cure for depression than Pfizer could ever create!
My mini-wieners name is "Petunia" because like the flower, she is always beautiful, but never smells good. :o)

Posted by: Ms.Chievous | May 4, 2007 05:55 AM

Am so with you with the three dresses for a wedding thingy..

Posted by: sara | May 4, 2007 10:20 AM

Haa! Love the picture of Bo. My 2-year-old has started giving me looks like, "Mommy, you're so stupid!" Am DREADING teenager-hood.

Have fun at the fancy-schmancy wedding. Am going to one over Memorial Day weekend but have only purchased 2 dresses for that event. Gah! Wedding season is expensive.

Posted by: Peyton | May 4, 2007 11:01 AM

I, for one, am certainly glad Then-Boyfriend is Then and not Now, because the Now-Boyfriend's pictures with Pugsley are priceless.

(Ooooh! Look at me, with the alliteration! Ka-chow!)

Posted by: LadyBug | May 4, 2007 12:54 PM

If you have to appear ANYWHERE in The District, you MUST bring Gimme along! I'll ditch work to babysit him! I'll spoil him rotten! I'll make Sam and Tim worship at Gimme's throne! That dog is an absolute treasure. Bo is kind of cute too. I think he and Sam would rumble, though. Sam thinks HE is the baddest ass around and a 25# Maine Coon cat is nothing to sneeze at. He is loaded with cattitude!

And you aren't insane, except in the sense that all attorneys are slightly insane. At least you aren't suing some immigrant dry cleaner for $69 million because he lost a pair of pants! Now THAT is certifiable AND despicable!

Posted by: Gayle Miller | May 4, 2007 01:05 PM

I can't believe Bo has speckled ears. In all the other pictures it looked to me like they were permanently wavy. Not the hair, the ear itself. Like maybe they got crunched in a crowded womb and never straightened out. The speckles always looked like light reflecting off of shiny fur. It must be the new flash that is giving extra light or some optical shit like that. I love the speckles too.

Posted by: mackmomma | May 4, 2007 04:05 PM

Miss Doxie, I am sitting here wiping the tears of laughter off my face...still just a weensy bit hysterical...and I love it! THAT story about the vet visit and the man screaming...and the feet tickling...ohhhhh priceless! Are you sure you don't want to give up your day job and be unbelievably funny and witty for a living. I hear the pay is really good.

Posted by: adele | May 4, 2007 04:19 PM

Trust me, if you lived here in Memphis, the FedEx thing would not be such a mystery.

I unfortunately live in the direct path of the majority of incoming & outgoing flights in Memphis. Some of those planes get so close I could practically reach out and poke them in their bellies, if airplanes had bellies. You get me.

FedEx starts their big push in the evenings around 11-ish. I hear EVERY SINGLE PLANE. Sometimes they shake my whole house and any glassware in it. During the week sometimes, I have been on the phone INSIDE my house and unable to hear the party on the other end at all.

Anyway, yeah. Your stuff comes here and then it goes out on that monster mass of planeage. I've heard EACH & EVERY one of them, believe you me.

PS Love, love, LOVE the dead Gimmme story... tee hee. :)

Posted by: Lynnster | May 4, 2007 06:53 PM

Your posts are always a top read in my house. Last night I was reading about Gimmme and my husband asked "Another Miss Doxie post?" The man is psychic (psycho? haha) When I read it outloud to him I was laughing so hard I don't think he heard most of it.

Thank you for a Thursday night laugh. I needed it after a very long week!

Posted by: Tana | May 4, 2007 08:39 PM

Dear Miss Doxie.
I am aware that you do not write an advice column, but I desperately need your help. I have a son graduating from high school who wants to become a lawyer. Lord knows, we tried to raise the boy right, but there’s just no getting through to the lad.
He recently informed us that he was accepted to Loyola, UVA, GWU and Ohio Wanna Sue U. Of course, he expects us to pay for his tuition, books, room and board, and given the choices, we are concerned that our refusal could have adverse consequences.
While we have no problems with the law, at least in the last 5 years, we don’t feel justified in encouraging this pursuit. Perhaps he could become a politician or a used car salesman; someone his future children could look up to.
In discussion with the lad, he seems to view his acceptance to law school as a pyrrhic victory. He often states that he’s hoping to become the biggest pyrrhic the law in this country has ever seen. Well, we don’t think that’s right.
He has stated that if the law thing doesn’t work out, he will join a convent and become a nun. So far, we’ve seen no evidence that property values would be reduced in our neighborhood if he becomes a nun. So, you can certainly see our dilemma.
My wife is a huge fan of your blog and she’s agreed to abide by your decision. Should we let our child become a lawyer and bear the shame and financial repercussions, or should we let him have the sex change operation and hold our heads up high in our community?

Sincerely,

Jack

Posted by: John V Dougherty | May 4, 2007 09:47 PM

We had a dog living in my house who actually rose from the dead.

Of course she was a boxer, so maybe it is different with them. Who knows? And my current dog also sleeps like she just got hit by a bus. It is unnerving for my clients when they come over.

Posted by: Laura | May 5, 2007 08:45 PM

OMG! Again, too freakin' hilarious! And all of our dachshunds have slept in the "dead bug" position, but they would have never passed for dead because they all snored like chainsaws. Also, glad you ditched the THEN boyfriend, he sounds like a no-fun poopy head. Keep up the batshit insanity, it's healthy!

Posted by: Sharon | May 5, 2007 11:50 PM

You have been tagged! It's a fun little game. Tell seven random little things about yourself and tag seven other people.
Have fun!
Amie

Posted by: Amie | May 6, 2007 11:34 AM

And I once again discover why I should NOT EAT or DRINK while reading your stories. I was laughing so hard I was crying!!! And my poor puppy is looking at me like I'm having a seizure.

And I can *totally* understand why said person is now a "THEN" boyfriend. :)

Hope you had fun at the wedding.

Posted by: Megan | May 6, 2007 01:44 PM

Gimmme and I have a story in common! Kind of! Sort of! I used to be a transport volunteer at a hospital, so I spent a great deal of time waiting for elevators with wheelchairs. Well, one day I was plumb tired, and sat down to wait for the damn elevator in the wheelchair. Since they took FOREVER to come, a few people joined me in the waiting. The elevator went "DING" and I hopped out of the wheelchair to get in, and this poor old woman SCREAMED and said "I thought you had to BE IN THAT!!!!" I should have started praising the little baby Jeebus in the manger that I was cured just to be a total asshole. I can't believe I apologized instead. Damn.

Posted by: missbanshee | May 7, 2007 01:14 AM

Seriously, have I ever mentioned how much I fucking LOVE you people? These comments have had me falling off of the sofa, I am laughing so hard. Also entertaining is the fact that Dukay is fast asleep next to me, but during one of my laughing fits, he woke up, looked at me, FURIOUS, and asked, "So, you're saying there are NO SNACKS?" and then went right back to sleep again.

And, Jack: GO WITH THE SEX CHANGE. Then rename her "Pyrrhica" and fly her to Reno. I got creepily sucked into a show about brothels on HBO the other night; turns out, that's where the REAL money is. And I went to fucking law school, man.

Posted by: miss doxie | May 7, 2007 01:35 AM

Dear Lord you are freaking hysterical!!!

Thank you for cheering me up when I needed it. Holy damn did you make me laugh.

I have to concur with you and the fans. I hate me some Gallant. What a tool.

Posted by: J. | May 7, 2007 05:08 AM

This is the only time I have ever wished to be a veterinary tech / front desk person. I would have LOVED to have seen this episode play out live and in person.

[FBORFW - WTF?]

Also, I'm curious about your advice to Mr. Dougherty. :D

Posted by: canknitian | May 7, 2007 01:10 PM

check it out

Posted by: cathy | May 7, 2007 02:28 PM

My TiVo regularly records a show called "Brandie and Mr. Whiskers". I have no idea why.

Posted by: wordgirl | May 7, 2007 05:45 PM

Omg.. you probably gave the old man a heart attack but I think you should take that trick onto Letterman.. you know, stupid pet tricks.. or something. Make some cash. ;)

Posted by: Angel | May 7, 2007 06:20 PM

So. Addicted. To. Ihascheezburgers.com. Thanks.

Posted by: Jessica | May 7, 2007 09:50 PM

You can make a great advertisement for FedEx, by the way.

Posted by: Healthy Nadine | May 8, 2007 01:29 AM

Miss Doxie,
Several weeks ago I was looking for different solutions to help my poor puppy's problem with 'peeing when excited' on the internet and happen to come across your site. Since then I haven't been able to break myself from your writing. I've read just about everything you've written to keep myself up to date, and I can't begin to tell you how hilarious you are. I keep reading and checking your site for more updates.

And as a side note, I also have a mini wiener named Trouble...and he is exactly that. When you tell stories of your puppies, I can totally relate. Please keep posting!

Posted by: Brandi | May 8, 2007 11:52 AM

Wow, I feel like I just got a shout out from Miss Doxie! I work for Fedex, and I'll spill all the company secrets for a pitcher of magaritas. Call me.

Posted by: karen | May 8, 2007 10:42 PM

Once again, I am annoying my office-mate with loud laughter and snorting. Her glare and roll of the eyes say "I know, I know, Miss Doxie kills (yawn)...." She doesn't get it. She has human children.

Annoyance then turns into rage as I call my sister and say "OMG, go read Miss Doxie, I'm crying with laughter" and we read it together and I laugh and snort some more. Luckily my flying-office-supplies spidey sense warns me to end the call before I get brained by a tape dispenser.....

Love you, MD.

Posted by: Stephanie | May 9, 2007 12:10 PM

LOVE GIMMME!!! LOVE DOG PHOTOS!!! LOVE FLICKR TAGS!!! Don't like "then-boyfriend". Almost as bad as my "wusband". If "then-boyfriend" couldn't handle Dead Gimmme and Miss Doxie's batshit insanity, he was not worthy. He clearly needed a sense of humor transplant!

And Jack -- the world has plenty of lawyers, but there really aren't enough transgendered nuns. Your son should go for it!

Posted by: Leesavee | May 9, 2007 04:51 PM

I'm thinking it's a doxie trait - both of mine lay like that for at least part of the time they are sleeping! :D

Posted by: Jacquie | May 11, 2007 07:51 PM