« Miss Truvy, I promise that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair. | Main | Coming! Coming! »

We Wish You A Merry Christmas

December 25, 2006

All of us here at the Doxie residence are, at this very moment, wishing you a very, very happy holiday, and a happy new year.

Or, to be perfectly honest, I guess I should say that wishing you a very, very happy holiday and happy new year is what we would be doing, were some of us not completely preoccupied by rubbing our heads against the new fake fur throw, while moaning in unbridled ecstacy:

xmasgimmme.jpg
YES YES YES

And then, upon being caught, looking at us all, WHAT? EVERYBODY starts moaning when they rub themselves against throw blankets purchased on sale at Target. It's the discount! The discount feels so good!

xmasgimmme2.jpg
QUE?

Or, in the alternative, maybe we are just too busy being really fucking petrified of the faux-fur throw from Target, because holy CHRIST, have you seen what it's done to Gimmme?!

xmaspug.jpg
COME SAVE PUGSLEY FROM SCARY BLANKET PLEASE.

Or, finally, maybe some of us are not currently sending any holiday wishes to anyone because some of us are so totally bored of Christmas already, like, sigh. When are we going to start celebrating something interesting? Like some holiday where we get to sacrifice virgins? Because, Bo could totally get behind that sort of thing.

xmasbo.jpg
SIGH. Bo just want some virgins.

But. hello! The one of us who is not rubbing herself in ecstacy against a polyester blend, who is not reeling in terror from same polyester creation, and who is not lounging around in supreme boredom and issuing heavy sighs of been-there-done-that every sixteen seconds, hereby wishes you a very, very happy holiday, and a wonderful new year. Thank all of y'all for your generosity and support; I've appreciated all of it so much, and I sincerely thank you for reading, for commenting, for emailing, and just for thinking about us when we needed it.

So, very warm wishes to all of y'all! Now, jump in bed and cover your head, 'cause Santa Claus is coming tonight!

herecomes.jpg
Maybe Santa bring Bo some virgins!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Posted by doxie in The Dogs (Or, Poop) | permalink

DOG PHOTO ESSAY! THE WORLD IS HAPPY.

...'bout damn time, woman...

Regardless...I hope ya'll have a good Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Arbor Day, Fourth of July, and if we're not getting a little too far ahead of ourselves here, Merry Christmas for next year as well.

Much Love to Doxie, Dukay, Bo, Gimmme, and Pugsley.

Posted by: The Danny | December 25, 2006 02:16 AM

Merry Christmas, Miss Doxie and the rest of the Doxie clan! Here's to Gimeee's ecstasy, Pugley's fear, and hoping Bo gets his Xmas virgins! Thanks for another great year!

Posted by: Ivie | December 25, 2006 02:16 AM

Why don't you send the rug and the dogs our way. I've a sick 11yr old that can't sleep and could use the entertainment! lol...i'd send Bo some virgins but I believe they have all moved to the convent.

Posted by: KaraMia | December 25, 2006 03:11 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS, LEIGH!

And much love to the weens. I hope Santa brings everyone something great, and that the New Year brings you healing and a new beginning. :)

Posted by: Jennifer C. | December 25, 2006 03:37 AM

May Bo finally get some Santa Claus virgins, already!

And the rest of your home flourish with the peace and joy that comes with Bo's happiest wishes being fulfilled~

Merry Christmas to you all!

Posted by: Boulder | December 25, 2006 03:51 AM

Doxie, you absolutely kill me. Snorting, head throwing back totally embarassed laughter. Merry Christmas to you and yours! Enjoy your pressies! (And hopefully Bo won't pee on them.)

Posted by: Heather | December 25, 2006 06:01 AM

Merry Christmas - hope the doggies, you and Dukay get everything you wished for!

Posted by: Naughty Heather | December 25, 2006 07:09 AM

Merry Christmas, all!!

p.s. Miss Doxie - I don't think I ever said thanks for the shopping guide. Were it not for that, I would never have know about A Planet4Creation. Lilie's stuff rocks! The missdoxie discount was icing on the cake (or should that be icing on the Christmas cookie?).

Posted by: Linda | December 25, 2006 07:39 AM

Merry Christmas to you Miss Doxie and your little dogs too! (And your entire family.)

Now, I'm going back to bed because what I got for Christmas was a virus. Damn...was I that bad?

Posted by: Serenity | December 25, 2006 08:30 AM

Ahhh this post was priceless. I wish for all the Doxie clan a warm and happy Holiday. May 2007 bring you much happiness. I do so love reading your blog, but usually I'm just a lurker. Your little dogs are adorable. Mine got a new blanket for xmas too.

Posted by: the country girl | December 25, 2006 08:40 AM

A very Merry Christmas to you, Miss Doxie and to your family.

I feel that I should regift my just-received throw blanket to Bailey (my Cocker Spaniel). Looking at those photos, he'll get a little more excitement out of a poly-viscose blend than I will.

Wishing you health, happiness, and bountiful virgins in 2007.

Posted by: Maria | December 25, 2006 09:30 AM

Merry Christmas Miss Doxie and to the angry mob as well (Bo included)

Posted by: Alicat | December 25, 2006 10:59 AM

Merry Christmas Miss Doxie, and all the little Doxies, even the Bo Doxie and his potential virgin, may she fulfill his every need...

Posted by: Carrie S. | December 25, 2006 11:34 AM

Merry Christmas, Leigh! Wishing you a new year filled with faux-fur discount throws, virgins, and health for you, your family, and the herd of doxies.

Posted by: Lisa | December 25, 2006 12:03 PM

Merry Christmas to the Doxie clan! :) (the boys love their stuffed doxies, btw! Thank you thank you!)

Posted by: Shelagh | December 25, 2006 01:17 PM

Merry Christmas, sugar - to you, the dogs and of course, Dukay. Thank you for sharing all your stories year round and here's to a happy new year to all of you! PS. I just got my first Doxie birdie (forgot which) necklace for a girlfriend of mine. Came so beautifully wrapped! I know she'll love it. Thank you!

Posted by: Angel | December 25, 2006 01:33 PM

Merry Christmas to the entire Doxie Clan!! I love the post.

Thanks Linda!! I hope you get your purse charmie very soon. It was a pleasure having you as a customer!!

Posted by: Lilie | December 25, 2006 03:56 PM

Here's wishing you a merry Christmas and happy new year! Santa gave me a migraine today and family is about to descend upon us for dinner, but I smile anyway. Why? Because my sister gave me some Bad Bo buttons for Christmas!

Posted by: Elizabeth K | December 25, 2006 06:14 PM

Merry Christmas to you and your Doxies!

(the dragonfly necklace and holiday cards are wonderful!)

Posted by: fw sunshine | December 25, 2006 07:07 PM

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Merry Christmas to Miss Doxie, El Dukay, Bo, Pugsley and Gimmmee! Here is hoping that Santa gives you all that you wished for! I sit here in my new Christmas PJs sending Canadian wishes to you and yours!

Posted by: Diane | December 25, 2006 07:54 PM

Merry Christmas to you Miss Doxie!

Posted by: Kate | December 25, 2006 09:37 PM

Virgins! For Bo! Yay!

I'm not drunk!

Merry Christmas!!!

Posted by: shy me | December 25, 2006 11:20 PM

Merry merry, Miss Doxie and all the bad bad short n' browns! The internets, we love you!

Posted by: missbanshee | December 25, 2006 11:21 PM

I love me some Gimmee! So cute. Our doxie got her toenails painted for Christmas [I had nothing to do with this.] I had to post a pic of her b/c I thought she looked so funny!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a spectacular New Year!

Hugs

Posted by: SkippyMom | December 25, 2006 11:34 PM

Merry Christmas to Miss Doxie and all the little brown boys. Check your stocking, Bo, I'm pretty sure there's a virgin up in there. LoveloveLOVE the doxie gifts! Y'all have a safe new year. Boys, take a break from the poly blend now and then.

Posted by: suz | December 25, 2006 11:40 PM

We are enjoying the miracle of the MicroPlush blanket from Target as we watch Christmas movies. Blanket:GOOD.

Merry Christmas to ya'll.

Posted by: Angie | December 26, 2006 12:52 AM

I see that I'm not alone in totally spoiling my Ginger. The little dear got more presents than I did. Anyway, cut Gimmme some slack.....blind guys need to get their jollies too. Merry Christmas to you all and may Bo get his virgins.

Posted by: Sharon | December 26, 2006 03:39 AM

Thanks for a great blog, Miss Doxie. I hope you all have wonderful holidays!

Posted by: shaxgirl | December 26, 2006 08:35 AM

Merry Christmas from a lurker! Your pups always make me laugh and the Christmas cards were just right for this year. My Izzie went to doggy heaven on Friday, and I told her Tasha would be waiting. They're both smiling at Gimmee and the blanket I'm sure!

Posted by: Heather | December 26, 2006 08:41 AM

Merry Christmas to you and the pups!

I got my oh-so-lovely "little bird" necklace on Thursday night. I'll take a pretty necklace over a virgin any day.

Posted by: jive turkey | December 26, 2006 09:27 AM

Ha ha ha!! Gimmme is so adorable in that first photo that I actually want to EAT him. Happy holidays, Leigh!

Posted by: Tina | December 26, 2006 10:28 AM

Hope it was a wonderful weekend and Christmas Day for you and all your creatures ... honestly, I don't think Pieter or Yoda truly cared much about goodwill toward men, considering they growled & fought all day with eachother. Some people just can't be reached, ya know?

Posted by: Em | December 26, 2006 11:45 AM

Hope you and your family and doggies had a wonderful Christmas!

Posted by: Leeny | December 26, 2006 02:42 PM

Dear Leigh, et. al. - Greetings from Maine!

Thank you so much for the photo essay. It made my day. Seeing Gimmme in the throes of faux fur orgasm, Pugsley paralyzed by dread, and the oh-so-annoyed Bo waiting impatiently for his virgins to arrive is simply too funny!

How could anyone resist that last picture of Bo, looking menacingly from beneath the covers. He WOULD sacrifice virgins. You can just tell. Thank heavens I'm not one!

Happy holidays to everyone in the Doxie family.

Love,
Leesavee

Posted by: Leesavee | December 26, 2006 02:55 PM

Merry Christmas (late) Doxies!!!

Posted by: Chollyson | December 26, 2006 03:29 PM

The holiday gift tags from you were a major hit at gift opening time! Thanks so much for the prompt shipping. I do have a question though..after looking at all of the doxie pictures. Do all of your dogs sleep in the bed with you? We only have the one and he thinks he's supposed to sleep right between us...best birth control I've ever used. Should have had a dachshund 20 years ago:).

Posted by: Trish | December 26, 2006 05:31 PM

Merry Xmas, Miss Doxie.

-Lurker of your blog :-P

Posted by: Crystal | December 26, 2006 07:19 PM

Merry Christmas to you and yours from the household of Dogs Are Completely in Charge.

Posted by: Sparrow | December 26, 2006 07:42 PM

I screamed out loud with laughter and all my pet babies(2 kittens and great big lab) came running to see what was up. I tried to explain, but it did not translate well, and they walked away. Oh well. I just wish you could have added the sound of Gimme and the faux fur throw. Priceless.

Posted by: carolyn | December 26, 2006 08:00 PM

MERRY XMAS DOXIE FAMILY! WISH YOU THE BEST IN 2007!

WITH LUV,
MISS JAMIE

Posted by: MISS JAMIE | December 26, 2006 08:13 PM

Happy belated christmas and have a happy new year!

Love,
Donna, Mac (my skinny mini) & Harley (my rather plump standard)

Posted by: Donna & the boys | December 26, 2006 10:07 PM

Merry Christmas to you all. Love the pix!

Posted by: liz | December 26, 2006 10:29 PM

Oh...and the notecards [for Naner] and the Bad Bo buttons [for our girls] were the biggest HIT!...you are awesome...

Can you make a cartoon of my Spoot - I didn't get a wacom [sniff] for Christmas?...LOL...I am saving the pennies....

Too funny -

And if you don't make the "Bo Make Pie" apron - I will gladly order "Sacrifice Virgins for Bo" t shirt in lieu of...giggle...I would LOVE to have to explain THAT....

Posted by: SkippyMom | December 27, 2006 07:47 AM

Ooooo! I just opened my Christmas gifties, and guess what I got??? Cool stuff by Miss Doxie!!! Thank you for making my Christmas bright!

PS. Love the necklace I got - too cool.

Posted by: Erin | December 27, 2006 12:41 PM

Yay! Happy Happy Merry Merry! Peace on Earth, too.

Posted by: ubergirlelijah | December 27, 2006 01:38 PM

OMG! This is quite possibly VERY IMPORTANT!

I just saw these on line...and they're ON SALE! And I think that you and many of your readers will love them!

Le Dachshund Soap!!

Hope it isn't obnoxious of me to include a shopping link AFTER the holiday, but soap in the shape of Dacshunds seems like a good thing any time of year. xxox

Posted by: ubergirlelijah | December 27, 2006 03:51 PM

Merry Christmas Doxie and crew. Polyester throws for everyone! ;)

Posted by: Leslie | December 27, 2006 07:53 PM

I hope that you and yours had a very merry

Posted by: Jolene | December 27, 2006 08:10 PM

OMG, you are killing me with the doggy orgasm. My cat does that on flannel.

Isn't winter and it's tactile delights fun?

Posted by: a horrible warning | December 27, 2006 08:29 PM

Hopefully the virgins brought some bacon to their sacrifice.

Posted by: Amanda | December 27, 2006 08:59 PM

That link to the soaps is awesome...just had to say.

Posted by: SkippyMom | December 28, 2006 06:07 AM

what ADORABLE photos!

Posted by: Paper Relics | December 28, 2006 11:39 AM

From me, the extraordinary (and large) Sam and the irretrievably silly (and normal sized) Tim (both of the feline persuasion - but Tim LIKES doggies, Sam not so much) - a very happy New Year filled with health, prosperity, safety and happiness. And of course, for our beloved Bo - some virgins!

My question is - does he know what to do with them?

Posted by: Gayle Miller | December 28, 2006 12:16 PM

YAY!!! Doggy ecstasy! I llove it when doggies burrow into blankets. Mine are too furry to use blankets, they like to burrow in SNOW! Unfortunately, we don't get nearly enough of it to satisfy my doggies' lusts. :)

Posted by: Megan | December 28, 2006 08:54 PM

Wishing you all a belated Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year! Also wanted to tell you the Christmas gift tags were a huge hit - thanks so much for making those available to order!

Posted by: Lynnster | December 28, 2006 09:55 PM

Here is a story that will probably either make you laugh...or make you run in terror of my psychoticness.

(please note, I've spent the last few days reading your blog e-cover to e-cover at work)

I was walking home from the bus stop last night, through my neighborhood, and there's a house a few blocks down from me that has a lot of dogs.

As I'm approaching, I see my neighbor in the street screaming "BAD DOG! BAD DOG! COME BACK HERE!" and I scan the area for the aforementioned "Bad Dog". I see nothing. Until I look down.

There, barrelling towards me, is a tiny, brown, blur of dachshund rage moving about 28937402384 miles an hour, slowly only to occasionally bark over his shoulder at his person, like "BARK! BARK! YOU CRAZY LADY IF YOU THINK I'M GOING BACK THERE! BARK!"

At this point, the dog is about 50 feet from me, and the lady is still saying "BAD DOG! BAD DOG!" So I, being the crazy lady that I am, kneel down, and without a thought in my head, yell

"COME HERE, BO!"

The lady and the dog both thought I was insane.

Posted by: Kate | December 29, 2006 10:15 AM

Thank you Kate for making me laugh out loud on a day when that was the furthest thing from my mind! "Come Here Bo" indeed!

Posted by: Gayle Miller | December 29, 2006 11:29 AM

oh miss doxie, u kill me! thanks for making me pee all over the floor with laughter. :)

Posted by: cheezy grits | December 29, 2006 01:41 PM

Happy Holidays to you and your chillins. They look adorable and all snuggly!

Posted by: Vanessa | December 30, 2006 09:22 AM

Oh Bo does look lovely!!!
May the New Year bring Bo some cute cuddly virgin(s)..

Have a BRILLIANT New Year, me dear Doxie & the whole Doxie posse!

All the best
Anita

Posted by: Anita | December 30, 2006 01:52 PM

Oh Bo does look lovely!!!
May the New Year bring Bo some cute cuddly virgin(s)..

Have a BRILLIANT New Year, me dear Doxie & the whole Doxie posse!

All the best
Anita

Posted by: Anita | December 30, 2006 01:53 PM

Oh Bo does look lovely!!!
May the New Year bring Bo some cute cuddly virgin(s)..

Have a BRILLIANT New Year, me dear Doxie & the whole Doxie posse!

All the best
Anita

Posted by: Anita | December 30, 2006 01:53 PM

Happy New Year, Miss Doxie!

Love and kisses to you and your crew. :)

Posted by: Jennifer C. | December 31, 2006 09:52 PM

A very Happy New Year to you and Dukay and all the Bad brown Ones. May 2007 bring happiness to all and virgins to Bo.....uh......isn't Bo missing the "equipment" to properly enjoy said virgins?? Maybe he can just sacrifice the vet or something. Many blessings and best wishes,
Sharon

Posted by: Sharon | January 1, 2007 03:47 AM

I nominated you for a bloggie. http://2007.bloggies.com/

Posted by: Kate | January 3, 2007 11:53 AM

I hope you, Dukay and all the doxies had a wonderful time and that you have a great 2007. And I second the idea of a "Sacrifice virgins for Bo" T-shirt! Here's to many photo essays of Bad Doxies this year!

Posted by: ysabelkid | January 4, 2007 03:23 AM

Happy New Year Miss Doxie, El Dukay and Doxie Doggies! I am hoping to add a doxie to our family very soon...
[just need to move into an apartment that will allow doggies!]

Cheers!

Posted by: Miss Jamie | January 4, 2007 02:05 PM

Merry/Happy Belated Holidays! Tell Bo that all he has to do is be a martyr for Allah, and he can have all the virgins he wants! Um, so they say.

Posted by: Meany | January 4, 2007 02:06 PM

Hiya Miss Doxie, you're page is blank doll...we miss your posts! Please come back!

Miss Jamie

Posted by: Miss Jamie | January 5, 2007 08:38 PM

Love your Doxies--especially the "Mottled"-if that is the right term-one!!
I have a shihtzu that is also very naughty but as he is neutered,virgins mean little to him!!!!! I am sure I don't know any-are there any over 12 anymore???

Posted by: Pat DeLeeuw | January 6, 2007 04:10 PM

Folks, Bo wants to *sacrifice* virgins, not $%#* them! :) I really don't think he would have the first clue what to do with an in-season Dachshund bitch except show her his teeth. (sorry, Bo, you know it's true!)

Pat Deleeuw, most breeds call those "mottled" dogs 'merle', but Dachshund folks call 'em 'dapple' (we are weird, in case you hadn't noticed). Long time ago in Germany, they were called 'tiger', which makes even less sense.

Posted by: anderuel | January 6, 2007 11:38 PM

It's delurking week, so I thought I'd delurk. Hi! Also, your main page is blank, or seems to be. Do I need special decoder glasses to see the hidden post?

Posted by: Susan | January 8, 2007 11:24 AM

Hi there....
I got my bad Doxie cards and gift tags just in time for gift giving. I am the envy of the whole office (3 of us own more the two doxies) Thank you for your talent...and I can't wait for more new stuff!

Get busy girl!

Posted by: Melynda | January 9, 2007 11:13 PM

Hey there - love the site. I do dachshund rescue in Texas and I have a foster that reminds me of Bo. Dual personality and all. He's adorable though and we love him. He's Fred on this site: http://ctdr.org/available.html

more pics: http://flickr.com/photos/courtney/tags/fred/

Posted by: Courtney A. | January 10, 2007 02:36 PM

Hello Miss Doxie,

I came by your site through Mocha Mama's blogline. I chose to stop by because I too love doxies. I have always had a doxie in the house. I have two red haired standards right now. I look forward to stopping by more often.

Malathionman