« "Dammit, Janet!" | Main | Goodbye, Girl »

Doxie Drama

December 09, 2006

Just wanted to pop in and tell y'all that the update will be out tomorrow, probably, but that we've been dealing with a bit of a crisis over here; Tasha started having some trouble breathing, and so we took her to the emergency vet. Who made us wait for an hour before she waltzed in, took one look at the dog and WIGGED, and promptly sent us to the hardcore, people-running-around-and-saying-STAT! STAT! emergency vet, where Tasha is now in the ICU, diagnosed with doggie pneumonia. Her prognosis is fair, which is apparently better than "bad", but they've got her in an oxygen bed-thing, and she's just about the most pathetic little brown creature you've ever seen in all your life.

Honestly, this is the craziest -- and scariest -- thing that's ever happed to any of the dogs. Because yesterday, she was totally fine, running around, chewing on her toys, and humping the sofa cushions like a normal wiener thing. Today, she's the boy in a bubble. Or, girl. Or, girl dog in a bubble, I guess, but you know what I am driving at.

Anyway, so, we've been pretty occupied with this since early this morning, and will be for a while. The next 24 hours are supposed to be the most important, so we're mostly just waiting to see how she responds to the meds. If she improves (and let us all hope that she improves), I'll try to get the guide finished up tomorrow. In the meantime, y'all please think good thoughts about the little lady, and hope she gets out of her bubble -- and back to humping the sofa -- as soon as possible.

Posted by doxie in The Dogs (Or, Poop) | permalink

Awww, poor Tasha, and poor Miss Doxie! I'm crossing all available appendages that she responds to the medication and her condition gets upgraded to "frisky" soon.

Posted by: Melissa | December 9, 2006 04:13 PM

May your sofa be humped a thousand more times by a very healthy Tasha :)

Posted by: Ada | December 9, 2006 04:31 PM

Personally, I think that given what they are likely to charge you for keeping Tasha in that bubble, they should include a small couch for her to hump. Seems only fair. Part of her therapy, even.

I hope she's all fixed up and back home soon.

Posted by: Mir | December 9, 2006 04:37 PM

C'mon, Tasha! You have to star in more of Ms. Doxie's stunningly fabulous illustrated stories. Get better soon!

Posted by: Jen | December 9, 2006 04:40 PM

Ohh, good thoughts for Tasha good thoughts for Tasha!!!!!!!!!!! It soooo totally sucks when an animal gets sick!!!

Posted by: Bethany Coffey | December 9, 2006 04:42 PM

Aw, Tasha. Show us your boobs, girl!

Posted by: Laurabelle | December 9, 2006 05:01 PM

Teh Internets love them some Tasha! C'mon girlie girl!!!

Posted by: missbanshee | December 9, 2006 05:09 PM

We love you Tasha, you sexy thang! You can do it!

Posted by: mom on a wire | December 9, 2006 05:12 PM

Eek! Waves going Tasha's way. May she be back to humping soon.

Posted by: k | December 9, 2006 05:29 PM

Tasha's fans, Dante and Beatrice (or as they are affectionately known, Spawn of Satan and Evil Sidekick) send out their doggie best to her. Dante will hump something (not Beatrice) in her honor.

Posted by: Sparrow | December 9, 2006 05:47 PM

My thoughts are with Tasha - may she be back to inappropriate love affairs and her scandalous ways in no time.

Take care of yourself, too, Miss Doxie.

Posted by: Maria | December 9, 2006 06:29 PM

My dog, Schroeder, started having seizures. We took him to the vet, and they said his kidneys were too small for his body. (How can they get much smaller on a Dachshund?) When the meds wouldn't work for him, they said he would only live about a month, six weeks at the most.

That was over six years ago.

I just hope that pretty little Tasha gets much better. I'll keep her in my thoughts, and I'll try to buy lots of Doxie things at the Doxie Store for Tasha.

Much Love and Sofa-Humps to the Tasha. And Much Love to Miss Doxie as well. You can hump sofas if it will make you feel better.

HUMP AWAY, YOU SEXY BEINGS YOU. HUMP.

Posted by: The Danny | December 9, 2006 06:29 PM

All fingers and toes are crossed for Tasha's full recovery! My family and I went thru something like this with one of our pets last year, so I totally feel for you. Our Bear is completely fine now and full of bad bear beans again, and I'm sure Tasha will be fine, too! I'll drink some wine in her honor tonight!

Posted by: Stephanie | December 9, 2006 06:32 PM

Ahhhh poor Tasha! Poor Doxie! poor Dukay! Hope she's better and y'all are back to worrying about who's humping what/whom soon. I can only imagine the pitiful site that is a little doxie in an oxygen 'bed'.

Posted by: Meepers | December 9, 2006 07:23 PM

Good vibes are headed your way from me and Molly the psycho Border Collie.

Posted by: liz | December 9, 2006 07:30 PM

Sooo sorry. How sad. Kraut, Fritzie and Cakes here in Maryland send you our love.

Posted by: Cakes | December 10, 2006 08:20 AM

Shit. Love hurts.

Posted by: Debbie | December 11, 2006 09:18 PM

I cry with you and wish you tears and recovery. I had a bad biter put down and I cried and cried. When I lose my old man (Foster now 12 and fragile looking) I will not know what to do--nor will Henry. As Debbie said: Shit! Love hurts.

Posted by: Ellen & the dogs: Foster & Henry | December 12, 2006 05:56 PM