« Happy holidays... | Main | The Sound and the Fury (of Bo) »

Haaaaaaaappy New Year!

January 03, 2006

First of all, to all of y'all who possibly thought that Bo was acutally yawning in that last picture, as opposed to singing, as I so specifically informed you, I present Exhibit B:

bosing.JPG
Bo and Dig wonder: Is this burning? An eternal flame?
Or should I just call a doctor?

Anyway. I hope all of your holidays were happy, and that everyone had a good New Year's Eve and all. Our holidays were all awesome. For Christmas, Dukay got me a new guitar. And, that was...well, it was funny, actually, because I have never actually played a guitar. Not one chord (I recently learned that they were called chords)! But Dukay can play pretty much anything, and I have always, always wanted to learn how. And I was jealous. So he got me a gorgeous, shiny, inlaid gee-tar of my very own, and he's going to give me lessons!

People! Isn't that an awesome gift? Isn't it ever so thoughtful? Yes, it is.

And, from the Parents of Doxie, was received the brand new shiny high-powered camera of power. And, um, we all know what that means.

Yeah. Photo entries. Coming your way! Sorry!

But, silver lining, because! Now, you get to see the only existing photograph of Bo: Man Of Action!

bodance.JPG
Bo ears busy!

See? That made it all worthwhile.

I can't really show you any pictures of the New Year's Eve festivities, but you can take my word for it that things were off the hook, as the kids like to say. When you have a party that involves one guest uttering the phrase, "Reindeer are the dolphins of the land," and who also puts on his wife's dress before jumping dramatically into the lake at precisely 1:11 a.m. (he was going to do it at 12:21 in homage to the Mayan calendar, but then he remembered that 1:11 means something, too, so 1:11 works), and where said houseguest also stays up until 7 a.m. cleaning the kitchen, going so far as to fashion a trap for any vermin, a fact which he then must share with his wife, waking her at 7 to whisper, "I cleaned up everything, and I even left a trap for vermin," prompting her to inform the others upon waking, and whereupon a search was performed, and lo:

trapforvermin.bmp
Trap For Vermin

..and also in attendance are dogs butts and embroidered pants:

buttsandpants.JPG
Butts and pants, butts and pants!

...and also you have procured fireworks with names like, "THE PATRIOT ACT!!!" or "SHOWERS OF LIBERTY!!!", which contain, we have been led to understand, "THE MAXIMUM POWDER ALLOWED BY LAW:"

maxpowder.JPG
MAXIMUM. POWDER. Allowedbylaw.

...well, THEN, PEOPLE, RIGHT THEN: you may have had an awesome New Year.

And Bo is fucking exhausted.

bosleep.JPG

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 2006!

You were right. Those are truly terrifying pants. Not so terrible as RENTAL TIGHTS, which left me in watery hysterics, but for something voluntarily donned, pretty darn bad. Fortunately singing Bo and Dig more than make up for the canine sphincters and embroidered pants.

Posted by: Maya | January 3, 2006 02:47 AM

Happy New Year :)

Posted by: ann | January 3, 2006 04:21 AM

Yay, pitures, I luuuuuve pictures. Yes, those pants made me shiver. But I quite enjoyed the dog-ass. My aunt and uncle used to have a singing doxie. Beautiful noise isnt it.

Posted by: Bethnay | January 3, 2006 08:06 AM

Now THAT sounds like one awesome set of holidays. Happy New Year, you over there with the Amish thing, you! May your calendar wave proudly in the motherfucking breeze. Or something.

Posted by: Gretchen | January 3, 2006 10:02 AM

And i thought my NYE was fun, but now I'm all jealous of yours!

Happy New Year, Miss Doxie!

Posted by: nic | January 3, 2006 10:14 AM

Please tell me you used your maximum powder to blow up those pants. Please.

Posted by: Mir | January 3, 2006 11:16 AM

Yay! Doxie photos! Keep those puppies coming!

Posted by: Heather | January 3, 2006 11:52 AM

Loved the picture of Bo and his flying nun ear-do. Have to wonder about the warning label on the fireworks though. "Shoots flaming balls!" WOW

Posted by: mackmomma | January 3, 2006 12:01 PM

Poor Bo. So tired. We hauled our two Shelties all over the southeast U.S. in our Holiday Tour of the South from Hell (read: 2300 miles, 2 adults, 1 14 month old, 2 13-year old Shelties, and 1 4Runner. 10 days and 3 stops.)

From the looks of it, you had a MUCH more fun New Year's than I did. Good for you, and keep those pictures coming! Bo is almost as cute as Noah Storch. ;-)

Posted by: Peyton | January 3, 2006 12:26 PM

Ok I read about the pants but having not actually clicked the link to see them in "action" I have to say this..... Did you know your couch and "said" pants kinda match?? This is either cleaver planning on your part or a total fluke. you be the judge : )

Posted by: turtlesbirds | January 3, 2006 12:28 PM

Too Too cute. I have been a long time reader/lurker. I have a black and tan doxie, Pooch. That dog has more personality that most people I know...how do you keep your sanity with more than one?

Posted by: Lisa | January 3, 2006 01:23 PM

Happy New Year and Dukay Anniversary, I think. My favorite part of the fireworks labels was one we had that "shoots flaming blue balls", teehee. Am so mature.

Posted by: jes | January 3, 2006 03:22 PM

Awwwww cute pics of teh dogs even their butts lol

Posted by: Anne | January 3, 2006 05:11 PM

You know, embroidered pants are the capelet of the legs.

It's no reindeer/dolphin analogy but you see what I means.

Posted by: JenfromBoston | January 3, 2006 05:52 PM

Loved the photo entries! Pants: Hideous! Bo: Adorable! High powered camera of power: Yippee!

Happy New Year, Miss Doxie!

Posted by: Ivie | January 3, 2006 06:19 PM

baaaaad pants. bad!

i prefer to use noxious chemicals to quell any vermin problem (DIE, VERMIN, DIE!) but i like this trap with its elegantly simplicity and environmental consciousness!

Posted by: Ali G | January 3, 2006 06:19 PM

Gotta love thoughtful gifts! The Roommate gave me Ballroom Dancing lessons!

Glad you had a Happy Everything! Cheers to 2006!

Posted by: Suz | January 3, 2006 07:36 PM

Man, those vermin, they are scandalous as well as pesky. Your friend was obviously very, very smart. And drunk. So drunk, in fact, that he used a YELLOW jelly bean instead of a RED jelly bean. I mean, everyone knows that vermin only like red jelly beans.

Posted by: Blue Meany | January 3, 2006 07:46 PM

Glad to hear you had a wonderful New Year's Eve!!

I have singing doxies too - one black/tan named Spirit and one little red named Blue, and they do love to sing -- once you get them going, you can't get them to stop!! LMAO

Posted by: Debby | January 3, 2006 09:47 PM

Oh my. I actually GRINNED when I saw a new entry. Love Bo. Love Doxie. Must go pet cat now.

Posted by: Jackie Joy | January 3, 2006 11:34 PM

Dig has SHORT HAIR??? When?? what??? how?

(As you can see, a lovely entry wishing a happy new year, and the first thing I focus on is the coif. I am my father's daughter.)

Posted by: Coleen | January 4, 2006 02:52 PM

Well, if the high-powered camera of power means more doggie pics (or ALL doggie pics ALL the time?)

I think that was a present for ALL of us. Thanks Doxie Folks!

Posted by: Real Girl | January 4, 2006 03:20 PM

GOD that flappy eared picture is ADORABLE! And whoever said that about the scary embroidered pants matching the couch--I am with you 100% on that one ;) Happy New Year Miss Doxie!

Posted by: Angela | January 4, 2006 03:46 PM

Love, love, love the Doxie. Love the Singing Nun Dog(s). Smirking at dog butt. Loving the story of the dress-wearing self-baptising vermin-catching husband. Love it! Thanks!

Posted by: Jen | January 4, 2006 05:33 PM

may this year bring you lots of great things :)

btw, cut dog! :D

Posted by: anonymuis | January 4, 2006 06:09 PM

Bo has a penchant for showtunes and 80's girl rock? Bo is my BFF.

The pants are heinous. Dear god, woman, how do you SLEEP? Gah. Pants. Bad. BAD PANTS! Badpants dot com!

Here's to many, many photo essays on Doxie in the New Year!

Posted by: missbanshee | January 4, 2006 06:41 PM

The pants? Embroidered bikini tops or side-by-side teepees?

I got a guitar for Christmas 5 years ago and I am happy to say that I still don't know how to play a damn thing. But it IS lovely and fun to hold.

Posted by: allison | January 4, 2006 06:57 PM

The vermin trap! The PANTS! I love photo posts. Thank you.

Posted by: Eulallia | January 5, 2006 01:14 AM