« Doxie Dolittle | Main | Kythryne, Your Secret Pal Says Hi »

When I Said "Monday Night", What I Meant Was "Tuesday Night, Really Really Really Late"

September 06, 2005

...because: uh. I kind of suck.

Anyway! What I did, was I wrote all of y'all's names down on little slips of paper (and we are talking, like, 200 little slips of paper, and now your names are everywhere all over the kitchen), and then I put them all in Devin's hat, and then I drew one, and Ziz drew one, and Devin drew one. (These are what we call Laboratory Conditions). And Dukay would have drawn one, but he doesn't get here until tomorrow. So too bad for Dukay, not getting to be a part of DoxieRaffle: 2005. It was very exciting, and I think maybe even Ziz and Devin took their eyes off of the television screen for about half a second, even.

Whatever. I thought it was awesome. Until I spilled the hat (that is why your names are all over the kitchen now).

200 little slips of paper is a lot of little slips of paper. It is like a ticker-tape parade in here.

ANYWAY. Thanks to everyone for donating, and for leaving comments and sending emails. You have all done a wonderful thing, and kisses to each and every one of you. It is nice to know that even when everything seems bleak, there are so many kind people out there, desperate to make a difference. All of your stories about kids donating their savings, or setting up lemonade stands, or y'all holding garage sales -- it really does make me feel better about our whole entire species. You are good people.

And so, without further ado, the winners of the donation raffle thingy are (drumroll!):

1st place, receiving a biggish type painting: eiffel87 (renee)!
2nd place, receiving a smaller type painting: rvaurio (rebecca)!
3rd place, receiving also a smaller type painting: messymama1 (lisa)!

And there you have it. Congratulations to the lovely winners! You are all girls (I think)! WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Winners, please be so kind to send me your addresses (I will not show up on your doorsteps. Pinky swear! I won't!), and I will mail your paintings to you next week, when I get back into Atlanta.

Now. If you are sad that you did not win, and you would still like to own a painting while also Making A Difference, after-school-special-style (and...no, that makes no sense. I can't help it. I have been talking about after-school-specials all day (especially that one where Calista Flockhart is bulimic and throws up in tupperware? remember that one?) and...no, I don't know why. Let's just go with it), then let me know. If y'all want to, I can put a few pieces up on eBay, and we can auction those off. If there's any interest, I'll cover the fees and the shipping and supplies and whatnot, and then everything can go to Katrina charities; y'all just tell me.

And...uh, that's that. Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone for their donations.

I will be back tomorrow, probably, to tell you the story about How I Went To Pick Up Dukay At The Airport, And Something God Awful Happened, Either That He Missed His Flight Or I Got Really Really Lost And Then I Somehow Wrecked The Car.

Bear in mind that none of these things has yet occurred. But honestly...would any of that surprise you? No. None of that would surprise you at all.

But for now, I am just going to pour myself a glass of wine. And try to ignore all the little pieces of paper all over the kitchen.

Posted by doxie in The Innernet | permalink

YES! You should muchly put your paintings on ebay! I'd so bid on one. ^_^

Posted by: Aerandir | September 7, 2005 12:10 AM

YES! You should put your paintings on ebay! I'd so bid on them! *opens wallet and moths fly out*

Posted by: Aerandir | September 7, 2005 12:11 AM

Another vote for putting your paintings on ebay. Go for it!

Posted by: ann | September 7, 2005 02:23 AM

Thanks for the raffle and eBay efforts. I'd also like to humbly suggest that you (notice all the work will fall on you) put your paintings and photos of the little scrappers (Gimmmee is just a dog you must hug when you see him) into calendars for 2006 and sell them to your devotees to raise money for charity? I would TOTALLY buy one.

Just a thought...

Posted by: G'Night Gracie | September 7, 2005 03:32 AM

Yes! Put them on eBay! Not that I know how to work eBay, of course, but it sounds like fun! Just getting caught up in the enthusiasm, really. Hurray!

Posted by: LĂ©onie | September 7, 2005 03:51 AM

My name is on your kitchen floor! I'm so excited! I expect that soon we'll hear of doggie depradations upon the blizzard of paper. I'm touched.

No, seriously. I am. :)

Posted by: Mark | September 7, 2005 06:40 AM

I remember that after school special! Except we watched it in school, in 9th grade girls PE class. Anyhow, I think I remember it. Was she keeping the tupperware in her closet? For that very reason, that after school special has stuck with my and my girlfriends for all these years.

Posted by: Elizabeth | September 7, 2005 07:00 AM

I think you need another category which covers getting lost/car problems.

Posted by: Sheryl | September 7, 2005 07:25 AM

I've never bought anything on ebay before but for a Miss Doxie painting I'd be happy to try. And I LOVE the calendar idea! Who wouldn't want to see Gimmme staring back at you for a whole month!

Posted by: Deirdre | September 7, 2005 08:03 AM

I think eBay-ing would be an excellent idea. So is the calendar. I have used Shutterfly.com for it before and it is very easy that way.

Posted by: Erica | September 7, 2005 09:19 AM

Dude? I'd love to own an original Doxie that I got off of Ebay... and then I could sing that "Do you know the way to Ebay" song to the tune of "Do you know the way to San Jose'" like on that commercial everytime I walked past it. Bucket of crazy? Me? Naw.

Posted by: suzanna danna | September 7, 2005 09:20 AM

Paintings. Ebay. Yes.

Posted by: bluepoppy | September 7, 2005 09:22 AM

Definitely put them on ebay!

Posted by: Kirsten | September 7, 2005 10:39 AM

Congratulations to the winners and thank you Miss Doxie for such an on the edge of my seat, exciting raffle. Seriously, was for a very good cause.

Posted by: S. Faolan Wolf | September 7, 2005 11:00 AM

Paintings + EBay + Charity = Totally Awesome Idea!

And congrats to the winners!

Posted by: bee | September 7, 2005 11:09 AM

eBay - Yes! Please!

Posted by: JenL | September 7, 2005 11:11 AM

Ebay!! Good plan! I hope you have a crapload of paintings lying around. Either that, or you better get busy!

Posted by: Melissa | September 7, 2005 11:36 AM

I LOVE the calendar idea.. I know my mom and my best gay boyfriend have dachsunds so they'd love a calendar.. who wouldn't??

Posted by: Angel | September 7, 2005 12:17 PM

YES! Definitely put your paintings on ebay! I'd so bid on one.

Posted by: amy | September 7, 2005 12:44 PM

Ooooh I'd buy one - goonyouknowyouwantto!

Posted by: irmani | September 7, 2005 01:17 PM

eeeeeeeeeeeeeebay!

Posted by: Libby | September 7, 2005 01:42 PM

Oh pooh, i missed the drawing, well i am definitely going to do the ebay thing!!!!

Posted by: Jonelle | September 7, 2005 02:59 PM

do it. do it. do it.

my living room needs a pick me up.

Posted by: laura | September 7, 2005 04:15 PM

no win raffle? makes melati sad.
possiblity of maybe bidding on a doxieleigh painting via ebay? makes melati greedy.

do it, dude. it feels so good to give the people what they want.

Posted by: melati | September 7, 2005 04:24 PM

I concur.

Posted by: Kiefer Twin | September 7, 2005 04:49 PM

Sniff. I am being a sore loser for just a second, sorry. Ok, I am better now. Sigh. Ebay=Brilliant idea. Even if I don't win the auction, I can see your creative side.

Posted by: Julie | September 7, 2005 05:33 PM

Maybe the winners should post their addresses HERE. So that I could hunt down the one that lives closest to me and STEAL THEIR FABULOUS DOXIE PAINTING.

Oh. Was that out loud? (No, it wasn't, but it IS visible to others). So maybe eBay is the way to go.

(ps - I am TOTALLY KIDDING about the whole stealing thing. Of the many things I am, a kleptomaniac is not one of them)

Posted by: Karate | September 7, 2005 05:49 PM

One more vote for eBay - paintings please!!

Posted by: s u s a n | September 7, 2005 06:22 PM

Ebay is nice. However, I'm thinking "Dare Doxie" - bid on the chance to have Miss Doxie perform some task of, say, the Keifer Twins' choosing, or Dukay's or Ziz's or even Uncle Phil's (Hi Phil! How's things?) (tasks submitted only with Doxie Seal of Approval, of course) and the winner would get to pick from the choices. Documentation to be provided via the Photo Album.

I know. I'm wicked.

Posted by: MissFish | September 7, 2005 09:26 PM

E-bay it! I would totally buy one.

Posted by: Cathy | September 7, 2005 11:23 PM

I also vote yes on Proposition eBay.

Posted by: Tracy | September 8, 2005 03:22 AM

I'd be down for the ebay thing.

And since I adore Calista Flockhart because she is crazy and dating the man that I want to keep locked in my own closet, I had to find out about that after school special for you so that you can have the name of the thingy and also the name of her character and when the episode aired and all sorts of information that you probably do not need nor want in one grand run on sentence. Yay.

Here's the skinny on the bulimic (I'm so going to karmic hell for making bulimic jokes) show:
"Lifestories: Families In Crisis" playing "Mary-Margaret Carter" in episode: "The Secret Life of Mary Margaret: Portrait of a Bulimic" (episode # 1.3) 1 August 1992

Posted by: Kole | September 8, 2005 03:39 AM

OH MY GOD. THAT IS IT, and her name WAS, INDEED, MARY MARGARET. Because I remember her mom screaming it, like, all the time, all, "Mary Margaret! Do this! Mary Margaret! Do that! Mary Margaret! Do not vomit into tupperware!"

And Miss Fish is the devil.

Posted by: Miss Doxie | September 8, 2005 10:23 AM

What a great way to help out! I'm sorry I missed out being on your floor.

Posted by: Neil | September 8, 2005 12:13 PM

Pretty please, with the paintings on ebay? I'd love the chance just to see them.

Posted by: Calla | September 8, 2005 03:33 PM

MissFish, you are a genius; great minds think alike. I fully endorse your proposal. I actually have a long list of tasks I've been waiting for a chance to have Miss Doxie perform...

Posted by: Kiefer Twin | September 8, 2005 06:38 PM

I love the eBay idea - I would bid millions for a painting of Bo. Zillions for a painting of Bo drinking from a water glass.

Posted by: MeBeth | September 8, 2005 07:53 PM

ebay! yes.

Posted by: alice | September 9, 2005 12:09 AM

I'll bid!!

Posted by: Brighton | September 9, 2005 06:23 AM

Totally love the idea of selling the calendar and paintings on ebay.
But if you do the calendar, you have to include the funny captions with it, if you can. They're priceless.
I'd buy it.
~Karyn

Posted by: Karyn | September 9, 2005 08:44 AM

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!! I would love to bid on a painting!!!

Posted by: Jess | September 9, 2005 01:09 PM

I could redeem myself (or further damn myself) and nominate Doxie to come play with Katrina-displaced kidlets at the Convention Center in Houston. Three playrooms, no waiting. But I get to carry the walkie-talkie, just so we're clear.

And then, of course, her earthly reward: the Ikea of one's dreams, uncluttered parking lot and Leksvik and Skutskar and all.

Posted by: Miss Fish | September 10, 2005 11:20 PM