« An Entry Where I Actually DO Buy Shoes Online | Main | Admissions Department, Part One »

Happy VD!

February 14, 2005

Well, it's Valentine's Day! Again. We had one last year, too!

And it occurred to me that this, this is my second Valentine's Day on Miss Doxie. Yes! Y'all, I've gone and had this site for a year, and forgot to say anything about it. Possibly because I have no clear idea of when I started up (it was Januraryish), but still. I had an anniversary! Which I...forgot! Someone send me some flowers!

El Dukay and I have Valentine's Day plans, of course, which include dinner at my favorite restaurant, where we will drink wine and hold hands and gaze into each others' eyes and try very, very hard not to think, "DEAR LORD I AM MISSING 24, and IT IS KILLING ME."

And the TiVo at my house? Not working yet. (This is grounds for divorce in some states.) And programming the VCR? Uh...no. First of all, that is such a NINETIES thing to do, to "program your VCR." It is totally going to be one of those old person phrases, like, "wind your watch" or "play those eight tracks." My children will never know the heartbreak of trying to program a VCR. Thank you, technology!

Hey! "Programming the VCR" should be a dance move! It would involve squatting and poking and cursing. It would be like an old school throwback, and I came up with it first! Y'all remember that when you see it on TRL.

But anyway. It's Valentine's Day, and I wanted to take this opportunity to send a big heart-shaped kiss out to all of you, to all of my friends and family, to all of my readers, and of course, to my El Dukay. I love you very much, and I'm glad you're my Valentine.

Y'all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

P.S. It's the final day of the raffle, if y'all want to play. Which, of course you do.

I have merchants sending me e-mails entitled "Happy VD Sale" and I always think, nothing says "I love you" like Chlamydia.

Posted by: Sunni | February 14, 2005 11:06 AM

Oh darn, I was going to make the venereal disease joke but Sunni beat me to it! VD always makes me think of the scene in Forever (you know, Judy Blume) when the guy says, guess what I have. And the girl jokes, VD? And the guy gets all pissed cause apparently he once did have a VD. And of course I didn't know what VD was at the time and it was all very confusing. I should totally re-read that book.

Posted by: Cat | February 14, 2005 12:51 PM

Delurking to say Happy VD to you, too, Miss Doxie! Congrats on your One Year-ish Online Anniversary, too.

Posted by: SpaceCase | February 14, 2005 05:28 PM

Did anyone else notice red heart shaped balloons floating aimlessly through the sky today? Lonely, rejected balloon.

Well, I hope everyone's Valentine's Day was much better than that of the guy who gave poorly recieved balloons today! I mean, what did he expect?

Posted by: Kiefer Twin | February 14, 2005 08:42 PM

Delurking to say: Happy V. Day to you too Miss Doxie, and happy anniversary you funny, funny girl.
Don't go changin'!

Posted by: OneSparkleyFish | February 15, 2005 09:31 AM

Happy Valentine's Day, sister. Remind me to tell you about the Mile of Meat.

Posted by: Coleen | February 15, 2005 10:35 AM

Hope you had a great V-Day and a Happy Anniversary too! Here's to at least eleventy dozen more years.

Posted by: chicklet | February 15, 2005 11:11 AM

The VD joke NEVER GETS OLD. I love it!!

Posted by: LawDawg | February 15, 2005 01:43 PM

Here's my question: How do we know which Kiefer Twin is posting comments? Is it a covert operation? We should number them. The twins, not the comments. I could be in charge of that, even.

Posted by: Hannah Beth | February 15, 2005 10:03 PM

One of the designers I work with sent me a VD bouquet to say thanks for all the work. They look like beautiful red hearts with floppy penises sticking out the middle. (What the hell are those called?) Anyway. Floppy penises. That's what I got for VDay! HA.

Posted by: Chanelbaby | February 16, 2005 11:13 AM

Posted by: Chanelbaby | February 16, 2005 11:14 AM

How to get help programming your Beta-max:

Take a pop out of the ice box and put an LP on the record-player. Connect your TRS-80 to the modem and rotary dial the number for the BBS, Maple-86957.

Also download instructions on how to use your twenty-pound waffle maker to make breakfast.

Posted by: Rick | February 17, 2005 01:14 PM

Delurking to say hi, and happy valentines! I am owned by two doxies, and love reading about yours.

Posted by: Brighton | February 18, 2005 05:11 AM

LadyBug suggested i visit your blog and i'm glad she did. that was brilliant. programming the vcr is SO gone with the wind. i press record, if anything, and would never consider setting the timer. the timer! whassat?

Posted by: honestyrain | February 22, 2005 02:21 PM

I just discovered your blog which I LOVE...your writing is really great...but you should post more often as I've read it all now!

-Caitlin